PDA

View Full Version : 9 x 25 problem solved (I hope)

stagpanther
May 5, 2016, 12:01 PM
This has been my lucky week--first I finally got my creedmoor build humming like a well-tuned AR should, and today finally turned my attention back to my other "problem project" gun--running a 9 x 25 dillon LW barrel on my Glock 20 sf.

I've had intermittent feeding issues and have tried switching out guide rods and mainsprings, but the problem seemed to be related to the cartridge going into battery properly--the intermittent FTF's appeared to be light primer strikes. Measuring the barrel shroud/chamber dimensions showed that they were a little off compared to my LW 10 mm barrel which fires with no issues from the same gun--so I just assumed the barrel was out of compliance and that was the likely cause of my problems.

It finally dawned on me to check the chamber dimensions against fired brass--I just assumed that the dillon die was forming the brass to the correct dimensions. Turns out the die was knocking the shoulder back quite a ways under the "accepted" dimension of .800. So I simply sized the brass and used the barrel as a case dimension checker--and the LW barrel shoulder base matches up almost exactly to .800--so I was clearly on the wrong track with my initial thought the problem was with the barrel. The LW barrel dimensions are right on. Test magazine shot fine without any hiccups.

Thanks to 9 x 45 for helpful suggestions too. : )