PDA

View Full Version : SAR K2 45

Sterling
April 20, 2016, 10:21 AM
Anyone have firsthand input / knowledge of this all steel pistol with regards to its build qaulity long term dependability, acuracy etc.

rightside
April 20, 2016, 03:48 PM
Yeah, I've had one for a couple of years now. I don't have anything but good things to say about it. It is a very well built weapon. All steel, chrome barrel, CZ 75 type slide in frame setup. 14+1 DA/SA is hard to beat in my opinion. Adustable rear sights and it is accurate. The grip area is reminiscent of a Beretta 92 in size. It IS heavy, especially with a full mag on board. Shoots like a much smaller caliber with that weight though. I can't speak to longevity, as I've only ran 500 or so through it. They really are an excellent bargain, in my opinion anyway.

98 220 swift
April 20, 2016, 04:26 PM
I had one for a few years. I would say I have in the neighborhood of 1000 rounds through mine. It has been ultra reliable. I cant think of any times it has malfunctioned other than when I tried to load it too light with my handloads ( not a problem with the gun just loads to light). It is also very accurate and has a most excellent single action trigger. Only complaint is that it is very heavy when loaded but what do you expect it holds 14+1 of 45 acp. It seams like a well built pistol. I have seen that some places have them for around $360 right now. I like it so much I plan to purchase some more of SAR products when I get some extra $$$

Sterling
April 20, 2016, 05:10 PM
Agreed i just got a Sar b6p 9m. Had it a month shot 500 rds. With crap russian ammo. Not one failure. I look forward to geting the K2 45. Funny I just purchased a PT 1911 in Oct not my first ... Im a 1911 fan. Imo they can be iffy cycling wise if everything is not "right" with them at that moment. (A debate for another day for sure ) So lately I have been looking for a modern polymer pistol think Glock 21 or similar however I also like the 1911 or CZ97b hammer fired platform. So its the K2 for me.

pappa
April 20, 2016, 11:28 PM
How is the grip on the SAR K2 45 ? I know grip width has a lot to do with some of the high caps not being natural pointers , like the 1911 has always been. But I see where CZ has done some sculpturing looks like on the P-01 grip. Did SAR do something like that with the K2? I could look at numbers all day, but your opinion tells a lot more. Thinking about getting one myself but none of the LGS have them. So it'll probably be Kygun, Whittakers, or Buds for me. Thanks for your help. Pat

hemiram
April 21, 2016, 04:15 AM
I don't have huge hands but I have no problem with the K2 45 grip size. I'm not crazy about the stock plastic grips, they seem like a lot of people break/crack them, but so far mine have been fine. The K2 45 seems to be a really nice gun, and for the $369 I paid for it, a bargain too. A LGS in my area has a K2 in two tone priced at over $800.00! I had to laugh when I saw it. You can get the two toned ones for about $500 without working hard.

98 220 swift
April 21, 2016, 07:57 AM
How is the grip on the SAR K2 45 ? I know grip width has a lot to do with some of the high caps not being natural pointers , like the 1911 has always been. But I see where CZ has done some sculpturing looks like on the P-01 grip. Did SAR do something like that with the K2

I have never held a p-01 but I do have a eea witness elite match. The grip feels the same except the K2 is more wide. It is a fairly wide grip. I don't have large hands but have no trouble with it. It is somewhat bigger than a 1911 grip though.

I ccw a fullsize 1911 during winter months. I wish I could ccw the K2 but it is too heavy and wide. It would be my first choice if I where to open carry though. It holds more rounds of 45 acp and it is more accurate than my springfield armory 1911. Not by much though.

DA/SA Fan
April 21, 2016, 04:30 PM
The grip feels smaller than many CZs and clones. The trigger reach is better than my TriStar T-120. Wood grips make it classier!

http://i1309.photobucket.com/albums/s625/Joseph_Daugert/IMG_11331_zpsoa55g1d0.jpg

Sterling
April 22, 2016, 06:55 AM
How does the grip feel compared to a Glock 17-19 ? Anyone know.

g.willikers
April 22, 2016, 10:23 AM
If it's like the CZ grip in ergonomics, it's going to be better than a Glock, IMHO.
But try one for yourself.