PDA

View Full Version : Outstanding Customer Service From Kimber

faiello5
February 15, 2001, 10:37 AM
Hi all. I just received some incredible service from Kimber and I wanted to share it with you. I am not a gunsmith and as the saying goes, I do not play one on TV. Even so, I have put new sights on several of my handguns using the trusty brass punch and nylon hammer without any problems.

I have a Kimber Compact that I was going to put a plain black serrated front sight on. Well I got the front sight about 1/2 way on and it wouldn't budge. I tapped pretty hard and all it did was mar the sight. I was pretty upset. I could not get that thing to move one way or the other. I did not want to use the BFH ("big freakin hammer", to coin a phrase by another member) :) so I called Kimber. They said to send the slide in and they would take care of it. So, I sent in the slide with the 1/2 installed sight and my credit card number.

They rec'd the gun on Monday of this week. On Wednesday of this week UPS delivered my slide back to me :eek: :D A new sight was perfectley installed. The most amazing part is that there was no charge: zip, not, nada. No charge for the work and not even a charge for the sight. Now THAT is cusomer service. I couldn't be happier with Kimber.

Regards,
Frank

Steve Smith
February 15, 2001, 12:42 PM
Maybe they've been reading TFL and finally learned something...like how to make customers happy?

Shake
February 15, 2001, 02:42 PM
I haven't dealt with them other than via email (never had a problem with a gun). When I have emailed questions, they have been courteous and quick to respond.

Shake

Monkeyleg
February 15, 2001, 04:11 PM
I didn't need customer service last year when everyone was complaining about it, so I don't know what the problems were. But prior to that, Kimber's customer service for me was exceptional. How many gun makers will lighten the trigger on a gun that's out of warranty for free?

Dick

WalterGAII
February 15, 2001, 11:28 PM
What does "out of warranty" mean? Oh, that's right, you said Kimber, not Glock. :)