PDA

View Full Version : Heads-Up: Sig P938 and Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 3.0

Biner
April 8, 2016, 01:21 AM
I recently acquired a Sig Sauer P938 for my EDC, and purchased an Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 3.0 IWB holster to carry it in. Both are great products that I'd recommend to others.

I carry the gun in Condition 1 - cocked and locked. Over the course of two or three weeks, there were four times when I unholstered the weapon at the end of the day only to find the safety was off. After a fair amount of head scratching, I discovered that the Kydex shell of the holster was just loose enough to allow the gun to slide forward and back about 1/2". (Retention was still good when wearing it, but it could slide forward if pushed...like when pushed against a car seat when carrying at 4 o'clock.) Between that bit of movement and the somewhat sticky neoprene backing of the holster, it was enough to grip the safety lever and allow it to be clicked off. I switched to the smallest spacers supplied with the holster and still had forward and back movement.

I fixed the issue easily with a heat gun and a slight remolding of the Kydex at the opening. Now the gun is held firmly front to back, but the draw is still smooth and fast. (As is re-holstering.) I'm sending a note to Alien Gear to let them know what I discovered, but figured I'd share my experience for others here using the same gun and holster combination.

Ibmikey
April 8, 2016, 03:30 AM
My Kydex IWB holsters for P238 and P 938 are from Concealed Customs and fit beautifully, I have never experienced the wiping of a safety with this unit.

TunnelRat
April 8, 2016, 08:24 AM
Thanks for sharing with us and with the company!

Pietro Beretta
April 10, 2016, 04:25 PM
This is a good tip!! A very dangerous condition to carry the 938 without the safety on and one in the chamber.

I have an AlienGear Cloak Tuck 3 for my XD mod2 .45.

Since the 938 is soo tiny, I wanted to get a small low profile holster to match. I ended up going with a Crossbreed micro clip in horsehide. Should be arriving on my doorstep on monday after waiting for 3 weeks.