PDA

View Full Version : sig 239 trigger pull

abraxian
April 4, 2016, 05:21 AM
A friend just purchased a new Sig 239 which, in my opinion, has a very heavy single action pull. I like the gun and would buy one if it had a better trigger. Do you think that it will lighted up after a number of rounds have been fired or is there something in the way of springs I can replace? Any suggestion would be appreciated as this is a really great little nine and I would like to have one.

rugmar
April 4, 2016, 08:43 AM
So you must really hate the double action pull. I would think the single action pull should be in the 4-5 lb range. Is it heavier than that?

Pgfins
April 4, 2016, 09:08 AM
Yes the trigger will lighten up pretty quickly. Same issue when I first get mine but after a couple 100 rounds down range it's great. I wouldn't mess with anything until he's had a couple good range sessions. If then it's still heavy you can get a Wolff hammer spring, $5. I wouldn't go below 16lbs (factory is 18). Below 16 are many who report light hammer strikes.

Rinspeed
April 5, 2016, 08:11 PM
The single action on mine is very smooth but it's seen thousands of rounds and thousands of dry fires. As with most manufacturers I would look for an older one. I paid $427 NIB delivered for mine, that's how long I've had it. ;)

BigJimP
April 6, 2016, 04:45 PM
Yes, it will smooth up a little...let him put a few hundred rounds thru it ...

but at some point he should learn how to strip it down to a bare frame..and check the amount of grease there is on the hammer strut / main spring...( sometimes out of the factory - they don't lube it properly in my view ) ...and just cleaning and lubing it properly, can improve it significantly.

ScaryWoody
April 8, 2016, 08:29 AM
A Wolff spring kit $9 should help.