PDA

View Full Version : Baby Eagle Magazines

YTL424
March 25, 2016, 09:28 PM
I own a Baby Eagle 45 with an assortment of magazines. They are a little "double-stacked" and some hold 10 rounds and the others only 8 rounds. They look like identical mags and all measurements are the same except for the springs. The 10 rd. spring is longer than the 8 rd. mag.

What causes the difference in the number of rounds they will load?

g.willikers
March 26, 2016, 08:49 AM
Sometimes it's the follower.
The mag that holds less might have a different type.
The length of the spring, as well and the thickness of the wire, has an effect too.
Did you try switching parts around from one mag body to another, to see if there's a difference there?
Did you measure the internal depths as well as the external lengths?
And the internal cartridge clearances especially toward the bottoms?

YTL424
March 26, 2016, 12:27 PM
I have two brands of mags that only accept 8 rounds. One is Mag Pull and the other is Italian. Forgot the name. Both have different followers from each other and also from the 10 rd mags that are also ??(Italian) and MagPull.

The springs are slightly different between the 8 & 10 rd. mags. The 10 is longer with smaller wire but the same number of turns as the 8.

Probably not a big deal but it leaves me wondering. I don't shoot the Eagle much anyway because of the backwards safety (push up to fire) and the de-cocker.

Thinking about removing the de-cocker actuator. The gun is SA/DA so without the de-cocker, it could be carried safe and cocked for quicker times. It is a range gun and never a CC. Great shooter except for the safety.