PDA

View Full Version : Would I have probs with a 22# recoil spring in a Glock 19?

Big Al
February 13, 2001, 08:18 PM
I was going through some old goodies I had from a few years back, and I found a Wolff spring set - a 22# recoil spring, and a new firing pin spring. The 22# spring had been installed on a Aro-Tek titanium guide rod. I never did try it out, but my factory guide rod was getting pretty worn and I was thinking about putting these parts in. Would I have any problems with them?

AL

WalterGAII
February 13, 2001, 10:36 PM
Just so I won't have to retype the answer, how about checking out your same post on GT??

Zak Smith
February 14, 2001, 01:21 AM
Well, FWIW, I put the Wolff stainless guiderod in my 19. I got several spring weights: 18 (stock), 20, and 22 lbs. I tried out the 20, but the pistol was most reliable with the 18lb spring. This was shooting commercial Winchester ammo, though I got similar results shooting the South African PMP/DNL.

-z

Tom B
February 14, 2001, 06:28 AM
If your ammo will cycle it fine. IMO its going to have to be some warm ammo however.

Spatula
February 14, 2001, 08:28 AM
I will try at least two boxes of your carry load to check the funtion. It has to be no malfunction at all! Mine works fine with Fed 124 gr hydroshock, but not some other loads. Don't just assume something will work, go try it out to be sure :)

leapfrog
February 14, 2001, 11:24 AM
The stock setup is more than adequate for the 9MM Glocks. The 40s need heavier springs in my experience. Having said that, the 22 lb. spring will probably function just fine if you're shooting +P and +P+ exclusively. The 22 lb. spring is what I used in my 23. You should function test thoroughly. BTW, don't forget to change the firing pin spring to the xpower one that is supplied with the recoil spring. I'm assuming you're using Wolff Springs.

[Edited by leapfrog on 02-15-2001 at 11:15 AM]

www.topglock.com
February 14, 2001, 02:19 PM
One thing of note besides the spring weight, is that titanium parts are all that durable and I would never use them in a self defensce gun. Either go with a stainless steel rod or tungsten which is heavier and will aid in reducing muzzle flip.