PDA

View Full Version : shortest .380 pocket trigger pull

tirod
February 20, 2016, 11:09 AM
I've been hearing the newer LCP Custom is much better than the first and second generations triggers. In looking for a .380 pocket gun it's been narrowing down to a few priority features - no heavier than 13 oz unloaded, and the shortest trigger pull available - not necessarily the lightest.

It comes down to none of the reviewers on line consistently measure the trigger weight NIB and after XX number of rounds they fired, and across the board, no one measure the trigger length of pull. All we get is "long." From what I've experienced and read, there's a margin of difference of nearly 100% in that regard. One shooter's "long" trigger pull is another's "normal."

Without numbers the words are useless in determining what's what. They can tell us the barrel length to the hundredth of an inch but make no effort to tell us the more critical dimension - just how far are you going to have to pull back on that trigger? People are selling off the guns because of it.

IF YOU WANT TO HELP: we can compile a thread of trigger pull lengths right here. No scale needed, just measure half way down the trigger (arbitrary, yes) from rest, to where the sear unlocks. Everybody has a ruler. Please unload before attempting. :rolleyes:

What will result is a listing of what kind of gun and how long the trigger pull. It makes more sense in numbers, and since we are eliminating trigger weight, another judgement call, it puts things in perspective.

Weight limit unloaded is 13 oz, which nearly mandates polymer lowers. This is the $350 class of .380's and I'm interested to see what the new LCP Custom actually measures compared to the first and second gen. If you have a current production alloy framed .380 auto pistol with 13 oz or less unloaded weight, by all means let us know.