PDA

View Full Version : Rock Island XM-15

7th Fleet
February 13, 2001, 11:19 AM
I came across an older gentleman yesterday who was wanting to sell an older preban Rock Island Armory Inc. XM-15. The mag well has Rock Island Armory Inc, XM-15 Cal .223 Serial 0006XX and Sendra Corp, Burlington IL stamped on the left reciever. The barrel has "C MP Chrome lined", stamped on it and appears to be an old Vietnam era barrel, though still in unfired condition. The rifle has the A-1 upper reciver with non adjustable rear sight and an oval forward assist. It has a bird cage flash suppressor, bayonet lug and the rifle appears to be brand new overall. I recieved 13 30 round OK mags and 5 20 round Colt mags, all of which are new. It has a new M-16 bayonet and sheath, a black nylon sling and 65 rounds of GI tracer ammo. It also came with a new cased .22 LR adaptor, with a 10 round magazine. I paid $550.00 for the entire package. I have heard of Rock Island Armory but not in many years. I would like to hear from any of the resident AR-15 buffs on the board who are familar with this type of AR. Can you tell me the current value of this brand new old XM-15 rifle and a little bit about Rock Island Armory. It looks just like a 60's Vietnam era M-16. Any information concerning this nice old gun will be appreciated. Thanks...7th