PDA

View Full Version : Got a new XDM 3.8 compact 9mm

rpseraph
November 3, 2015, 09:34 AM
Finally found a great price at a Scheels near me for the XDM 3.8 compact 9mm that I was looking for. Already sent in my form to get my two free mags and other Springfield "junk" from their promotion. Super excited to get out to the range!

Scheels was pretty great. I insisted on "playing" the XDM for a while, trying both mags, dry firing to test the trigger, and I even asked them for an IWB holster so I could see what it felt like, and they totally opened one up and let me try it. They were patient, informative, and willing to help. I love that. Customer service seems to be a thing of the past, but this guy at Scheels was awesome!

I'll post pictures when I can. Thanks for the advice in this purchase, so far, so good.

tahunua001
November 3, 2015, 09:59 AM
I haven't been inside a scheels since my family moved away from the Billings area... they actually seemed somewhat average in the customer service dept then but that was also over a decade ago so take that for what it's worth. great decision on your carry piece. I carry the XDM45 compact whenever possible, usually just for open carry these days. it's one of the most accurate handguns I own and has been dead reliable. I also had the xdm9 full sized for a while, it was also very excellent but I ended up trading it for a rifle.