PDA

View Full Version : Israeli Police Pistols For Sale

Sid
October 8, 2015, 06:05 PM
I just saw that Aim Surplus has another nice batch of these guns at very attractive prices.

9x18_Walther
October 8, 2015, 06:09 PM
I thought you were talking about the Israeli surplus Hi-Powers or Jericho 941s for a second.

They are CZ-75s for those interested.

TunnelRat
October 8, 2015, 06:20 PM
http://www.aimsurplus.com/catalog.aspx?groupid=5284&name=Israel+Law+Enforcement+Trade-ins

CZ75s are sold out. Looks like Jerichos and Bul Storm (:confused: never heard of those). The Jericho 941s look pretty good with the frame mounted safety.

drobs
October 9, 2015, 12:20 AM
Here's a ton of Israeli PD guns:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Semi-Auto-Pistols/BI.aspx?Sort=5&IncludeSellers=2621012

No ugly import markings either.

My FN Hi Power on the far right came from that seller on Gunbroker.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8452/8071383712_17cc62a120_b.jpg

Big Shrek
October 11, 2015, 03:23 PM
The Jericho is an impressive pistol...try one, you won't be unhappy :)

Bart Noir
October 12, 2015, 06:48 PM
About 8 years back I bought an S&W Model 6904 which had been imported back in the US of A by Magnum Research of Minnesota. They were nice enough to confirm to me that those were surplus police guns from Israel.

Since they were doing arms deals with a company in Israel which makes the Desert Eagle for MRI, they imported the used 6904s. No Israeli markings on the two which I have seen, just MRI as the importer. So I do not know which police department used them, or even whether they were used by a police department rather than a security agency.

Bart Noir

P-35HP
October 12, 2015, 07:24 PM
Bart Noir, it is very unlikely that a government agency or the police would use the SW 6904. SW in general, is not the standard issued weapon for the police or the military.
It is possible that a private security company would deploy it but, SW is expensive compared to the Jericho, Tangfolio, FEG that are very popular with those enterprises. I do not think they would like to spend this kind of money.
Also a possibility is that it has been surrendered by a civilian to the police and the police turned around and sold it to a dealer.
Of course, there is no way for us here to know for sure.

P-35HP
October 12, 2015, 07:33 PM
BTW, the 6904 you are talking about, did it have a yellow tape on the slide?

drobs
October 12, 2015, 10:58 PM
The gunbroker dealer I listed had a ton of 59 series S&W autos. All were from Israel. He had some that were Star of David Stamped.

My 2 FN MK3's are Star of David marked guns.

Rumor has it that Israel went all Glock and off loaded all their old service handguns.

Ignition Override
October 13, 2015, 03:00 AM
My impression of the OP's comment was that he meant the batch of CZ-83s. There are approx. thirty (+) now on GB, and the bottom photo says
Israeli Police, in satin/nickle finish. Many of these recent 83 imports reportedly were turned in by their police/corrections.

If that gun in satin/nickle were in a local store (cash saved), I would buy it before my wife even new that my car was gone......because with a CZ-82 (9x18) already, there is no doubt about the quality of CZ guns.

Bart Noir
October 13, 2015, 02:06 PM
Also a possibility is that it has been surrendered by a civilian to the police and the police turned around and sold it to a dealer.

Then that civilian had enough guns for CDNN to list them in their catalog. I only saw 2 but could have ordered more.

There was not any yellow tape on them. What does that tape mean?

Bart Noir

Spur0701
October 13, 2015, 06:33 PM
I believe that is Gary Cole and crew, they've had loads of Israeli surplus for a while now.......some are pretty beat (pitting or reparking over pitting), others in really good shape. I picked up a couple of CZ83s last year for way less than $200 each and some Beretta 84s for less than $250 each............

P-35HP
October 13, 2015, 06:39 PM
The yellow tape indicates that the person behind it is a "friendly", usually plain clothe security officer.
If CDNN had a stock of SW from Israel, than it probably came from gov.agencies or private security companies. I have no idea who they might be.

P-35HP
October 13, 2015, 06:43 PM
dribs mentioned that some had a Star of David on them, i.e Israeli Police. Glock seems to be the current std. gun with the military, some police units and the Israeli equivalent of the FBI.

stormyone
October 14, 2015, 12:45 AM
I think some of those Star of David guns (or Mossad marked pistols) are quite old. 25+ years.

drobs
October 14, 2015, 12:54 AM
25 years ain't old!

My beater FN, far left in my picture, is from 1993 - same year I graduated high school...

Haven't looked up the re-parked one.

drobs
October 14, 2015, 12:58 AM
What's nice about the GCole guns (gunbroker link above) is you can pick your own vs. getting the luck of the draw from Aim.

Also no huge Import Markings like Century International or PW Arms.

Skans
October 14, 2015, 08:13 AM
All of the used Israeli guns that I have seen are beat to heck - cosmetically at least. I don't know how they shoot, but some look really rough.

sevt_chevelle
October 14, 2015, 05:53 PM
I bought a High Power and a CZ75 pre B both from AIM that are turn in guns. Yeah the finish is rough, no rust or pits just the finish is worn, but both pistols shoot lights out.

Japle
October 16, 2015, 04:06 PM
I bought one of the BUL Storm pistols and paid $10 extra for handpicked. It came in today.
It hadn’t been cleaned. Fouling everywhere. Lots of grime in screw heads and nooks and crannies. Light holster wear. The barrel looks fine. SA trigger pull is just a shade over 4# and surprisingly clean.
I have a magazine from a CZ75 SA and it fits, except that the mag catch cutout is too low to engage the catch.
So, my big question right now is, where do I get magazines for this thing?

gyvel
October 18, 2015, 03:25 AM
I have a magazine from a CZ75 SA and it fits, except that the mag catch cutout is too low to engage the catch.
So, my big question right now is, where do I get magazines for this thing?

Obviously you aren't going to modify your factory CZ mags, but you can buy a couple less expensive Mecgars and modify the catch slot. It is fortunate that the catch slot is too low to work; If it was too high, you'd be out of luck. Just put some Dykem or chalk or what-have-you on the mag to find out the correct height for the slot (where the drag mark from the mag catch ends), then file or cut out (carefully!) with a Dremel

During the "dark" years of AWB, I managed to modify two or three different common mags to work in my CZ. One of them was from a Model 59 Smith. (Actually, the 59 was modified to work in a CZ Compact that I had at the time.) I think I used either Beretta or Taurus mags to work in the full size.

Japle
October 18, 2015, 02:38 PM
From the little I can find online, it looks like the small-frame Witness mags might work. If I buy them from Midway, I can always sent them back.

FITASC
October 18, 2015, 03:00 PM
And here I was hoping for them to be S&W 547s...............

Japle
October 26, 2015, 02:35 PM
After some research and an email to BUL, I learned that small-frame Witness 16 round mags will work. I ordered two from Midway and they fit.

I ran a bunch of 9mm dummies through the gun and got perfect functioning.

I'll get to the range soon to be sure, but unless I get back on here to say otherwise, 16 round Witness mags are the way to go.

NOTE: 17 round Witness 9mm mags are also available. Don't buy them. They're for the large frame gun and not for the BUL Storm.