PDA

View Full Version : First impressions, Grand Power X-caliber

rt11002003
October 7, 2015, 04:26 PM
Fired the X-caliber at the range yesterday. I didn't shoot it as well as I did my first efforts with a Witness Elite Match and Witness Elite Limited. Different looking gun too, usually find barrels like that one in 5.56 rifles; the slots in the slide are also different. Bling??

It handles nicely and functions flawlessly; a soft shooter. Excellent trigger pull, 4 pounds?

All 120 rounds stayed in five inch targets. 15 yard accuracy was as good as 10 yard. I was shooting 124 gr ammo, Freedom.

Weird, takedown. The slide stop is disengaged by pulling down on a tab in front of the trigger guard. I couldn't get it to disengage, so I ran a patch thru the barrel and made sure the action worked OK, not excess oil, or grease. I'll try a takedown tomorrow and return to the range with it on Friday.

I was shooting a HK45Tactical and a SIG Target 45 1911 at the same time. All three guns were equal in accuracy. m/b the 45 ACP rounds made the X-caliber seem like a soft shooter.

I'll post a picture of the X-caliber, probably Friday pm; will also post results of shooting Friday, if any interest.