PDA

View Full Version : Well c--p!!

Targa
October 2, 2015, 10:31 PM
Go to Cabelas to pick up a holster for M&P 9c and came home with this. Couldn't resist, they had it on sale for $349...:o. 100216

Kosh75287
October 2, 2015, 10:36 PM
MAN, I just HATE that about Kahrs! Pesky little b-b-b-bRASCALS just JUMP in yer pocket & come home with ya, without you even NOTICING them!

jglsprings
October 2, 2015, 10:42 PM
I'm sure you needed one.

Targa
October 2, 2015, 10:44 PM
Thats what I keep telling myself:D. Im glad you understand how these things can just kind of happen Kosh..;)

Kosh75287
October 2, 2015, 11:36 PM
Yah, I have quite a few guns that should be nicknamed "OOOPS!", for the way they made it to my house!

Slimjim9
October 2, 2015, 11:40 PM
But did you get holster or was it out of stock and this was the consolation prize? :p

HisSoldier
October 3, 2015, 01:50 AM
I'm holding out for the Baby Rock, Armscor says they are for sale now at Cabela's, but I called and they didn't know what I was talking about.

Imagine a "1911" .380 the same size as a Llama but made of forged 4140 and only $469. Quality and reliability far better than the Llama too.

Minorcan
October 3, 2015, 08:33 AM
I know since your heart wasn't in it you probably won't like him. Don't call the pound and send him to pet rescue. Just send him to me. He'll have a great home, I'll scratch his ears and feed him all the 9 mm kibbles he can eat !!

Congrats on the new pet!!!

Targa
October 3, 2015, 08:54 AM
:D..Well i'll try to make it work out between us. Just gave it a quick cleaning and am off to the range to see how this stray works out. The one thing that I am not terribly impressed with is the RSA, its kind of a pain in the rear compared to....well compared to everything else I have broken down but it certainly isn't that big of a deal.

Jbar4Ranch
October 3, 2015, 09:08 AM
I picked one up on sale at Scheel's in Great Falls six months ago for $339.99, and it has been an absolutely amazing pistol so far. Not a single failure, regardless of the ammo. I've tried bullet weights from 115 grain to 147 grain, standard vel target ammo, high vel self defense ammo, FMJ, hollow points, cheap lacquer coated Russian crap - it just eats it all up without a hiccup.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/jbar4ranch/Kahr02_zpskr7i7php.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/jbar4ranch/media/Kahr02_zpskr7i7php.jpg.html)

Cheapshooter
October 3, 2015, 11:05 AM
Great little gun. I carry mine quite often. Even though they recomend a 200 round "break-in", mine has been 100% reliable from the very first round. Shooting a large variety of ammo
from cheap fmj range ammo to premium hollow point defensive rounds. Not one single failure through the first 200 to the over three times that many rounds it now has through it.

72-cj5
October 3, 2015, 11:11 AM
If got the kahr 45 and it's been a perfect gun it's shot old dirty rounds my grandpa made and hollow points and everything in between iv even tried to limp wrist it and it still works flawlessly

rt11002003
October 3, 2015, 02:48 PM
Bought one last year; used it as a carry/range gun. Probably ran 500 rounds thru it with no problems; it didn't mind what you fed it.. Felt it had more recoil than I care to deal with. Replaced it with a Kimber SOLO. The SOLO is more accurate, less recoil, more expensive and requires expensive hp ammo. However, now that I've run more than 300 rounds thru it; 115 gr RN works just fine.

Targa
October 3, 2015, 04:23 PM
Got back from the range and I am happy with it. Easy to carry, sights are decent enough to get on target fairly quickly and I was leaving decent groups at 15 yards. Feels well made, trigger is a long pull with pretty much a non-existent reset until it is fully released but man it is a nice, smooth, predictable pull.
Anyway, I have been wanting a small single stack 9mm to go with my Glock 26 and M&P 9c and although my intentions were to go with a stainless XDS, I think this little thumper will do nicely especially for the 80-100 bucks or so I saved over the Springfield.
Also, fired a couple mags worth of 115grain PMC Starfire defense rounds and a hundred Sellier&Bellot 124 grain fmj's with no issues.

LockedBreech
October 3, 2015, 11:09 PM
Sometimes you stumble across a sale you just have to make happen. I get that. Ended up with a good half of my guns that way. Enjoy it!

Jbar4Ranch
October 4, 2015, 11:41 AM
Bought one last year; used it as a carry/range gun. Probably ran 500 rounds thru it with no problems; it didn't mind what you fed it.. Felt it had more recoil than I care to deal with. Replaced it with a Kimber SOLO. The SOLO is more accurate, less recoil, more expensive and requires expensive hp ammo. However, now that I've run more than 300 rounds thru it; 115 gr RN works just fine.
I replaced my Solo with the Kahr, lol. My Solo, like most, just isn't reliable enough to trust, even with the narrow selection of recommended ammo.

gyvel
October 6, 2015, 09:14 PM
I'm sure you needed one.

Sigh.....

No one ever seems to understand that it is not about need; It is about WANT.

The National Dairy Council says: "You never outgrow your need for guns.":D:D