PDA

View Full Version : Circuit Judge

AussieBloke
September 3, 2015, 06:32 PM
Hey everyone, whats a good cal/make of circuit judge to buy? Anything I should look for? Many thanks!

WV_gunner
September 4, 2015, 08:03 AM
I got mine literally right after they started selling them. I was wanting a 6 inch barrel judge one day then I looked up. They had a Circuit Judge on the wall. They had two and said it'd be months before they got any more because they were on back order. Mine is 45 Colt/.410 and it's a great gun. Extremely light and small. If you want a gun to carry for protection while walking in the woods, this is it. With a sling you can hardly tell you are carrying a gun at all. It also makes a good deer brush gun. I always leave the smooth tube in the barrel of mine. Shoots .410 just fine. If I remember right the grooved tube was want to keep the spinning of shot when it left the barrel. I haven't done any serious testing but it seems to be fine with the smooth one. Mine is blued and the wood has a flat finish. The ones you see in Walmart have different looking stocks, they look more red and are glossy. But that might just be the wood Rossi uses now. I haven't seen one in a gun store in awhile. Many people on this forum will poke fun of these guns but they haven't shot one. Most normal guns don't fit me well because the stocks are too short but this little gun is about perfect. It's good for kids too, it's nearly .22 LR quiet and the recoil is about the same too. There's .22 LR and .44 mag versions as well. They did make a 28 gauge but I've never seen one. One of those would be a nice SBS. Originally there was going to be a 28 gauge handgun but they couldn't work around the laws. I'm holding out that they'll make a Raging version with the .454 it would be a great deer gun.