PDA

View Full Version : Walther TPH question

Tazz10m
February 6, 2001, 06:30 PM
A friend's Walther TPH does not fire on double action, apparently the hammer does not come back far enough on the double action pull of the trigger to pop the cap. Any ideas why it has those symptoms or how to correct the problem?

PigPen
February 6, 2001, 07:29 PM
I really shouldn't reply because I don't know that pistol that well but I guess you can tell I'm going to give it one shot :).

If what you say is true, maybe you should try to replace the firing pin.

PigPen

Tazz10m
February 6, 2001, 08:43 PM
Maybe i need to clarify a little better. When the trigger is pulled double action style, the hammer only comes part way back, rather than all the way back, as if something is hindering the rearward travel of the hammer, and so the hammer never gets far enough back to get released to go forward to hit the firing pin. I wish i had the gun so i could take it apart and look at it......

Funny thing is that it will fire single action style, and i think it will also cycle and pick up the next round and fire that too.

Jeff OTMG
February 6, 2001, 09:34 PM
I had a TPH with the same problem. The problem was in the action bar on the side of the pistol not retracting the hammer far enough or not unlocking the firing pin to allow the gun to fire, if that is possible. My fix was to send it back to Interarms for correction. Interarms is now out of business and Walther USA is now responsible for the guns. They are located in Springfield, Ma.

DAKODAKID
February 6, 2001, 11:03 PM
I bought my wife the Walther TPH for our 10th
year anniversary(her request) a few years back
and sent it back 3 times because of all the problems..
Her "baby PPK" now sits in the gun safe because
we are both afraid to shoot it and don't want it to
break again..
The "problem" is that it was made by Interarms
with the investment casting and all the other
cheap-o-crap that goes along with it..
My GERMAN made PPK family has never failed in any way
shape or form...
The Interarms TPH is a very accurate little pistol
but not worth the hassle...
If you are lucky enough to find a German made TPH
jump at it and buy it....