PDA

View Full Version : CZ 70 .32ACP

kcub
March 17, 2015, 08:02 AM
http://www.gunbroker.com/Semi-Auto-Pistols/BI.aspx?IncludeSellers=2621012&ca=5000068&mfg=1000078

Lots of cheap ones from CDI on Gunbroker. Are these the same size as the Walther PP?

Experiences with this model?

Was/is there a high cap CZ .32 model? I know about the CZ83 but I'd rather plink with a .32 than a .380.

carguychris
March 17, 2015, 09:15 AM
Are these the same size as the Walther PP?
Roughly yes.
Experiences with this model?
None personally, but past threads generally indicate that it's a very accurate and reliable pistol, although it has a very heavy DA trigger even compared to other similar PP-type designs.
Was/is there a high cap CZ .32 model? I know about the CZ83 but I'd rather plink with a .32 than a .380.
The CZ 83 was also offered in 7.65 / .32 but this version sold very poorly in the USA and IIRC was only intermittently available.

Idaho 45 Vaquero
March 17, 2015, 09:17 AM
I have a CZ 70 in .32 ACP, and my father, brother, and sisters all have CZ 70's of their own.

They are a pretty good old all steel pistol. I like them better than the CZ 82,32's because of the fact that they are a steel frame pistol. Good carry pistol. they are a single stack 8 round only. They are not an exceptionally accurate pistol, but I don't think they are supposed to be shot at very far distances.

My favorite part about them is all the safe ways you can carry them. It has an external hammer a safety and a decocker, double action and single action trigger. I keep mine with the hammer down and the safety engaged. You can then just flip off the safety and shoot double action, or flip off the safety and manually cock the hammer. The double action trigger is hard enough and there's a rebounding locking hammer that I think it would be safe to not have the safety on and just treat it like a revolver, if you wanted to.

The only time I had to repair mine, was to replace a broken firing pin. Parts are readily available online. However, that was because I used to be a butthead who dry-fired my guns.

Walt Sherrill
March 17, 2015, 09:33 AM
like them better than the CZ 82,32's because of the fact that they are a steel frame pistol.

So is the CZ-82 (steel-framed, that is.) The CZ-50/70 are big guns for the caliber. And while the CZ-82/83 are bigger, they're not a LOT bigger. The CZ-82 was never made in anything but 9x18, but the CZ-83 (almost the same gun) was offered in .32, .380 and 9x18 (9mm Mak.) Good luck trying to find an 83 in .32, however -- as they are very rare and tend to command an inappropriately high price.

For the money, for ease of use, and even sometime-concealed carry, I'd buy a Kel-Tec P-32. They are virtually trouble-free, come with a warranty, and you can find both parts and magazines. (The P-32 may be one of the most trouble-free of all the Kel-Tecs.)

I had a CZ-50, essentially the same gun without some of the minor refinements (and the better metallurgy) of the CZ-70, and found it to be OK, but considered it a novelty. (One of my first purchases years ago when I got my C&R FFL.) They're not particularly cheap to shoot, and finding ammo can be a problem.

While most parts are available, magazines can be a real problem with these guns (or any of the small .32s); if you have good ones the guns tend to be almost trouble-free. I think Wolff Springs has mag springs for the CZ-50, which was a hard thing to find in the past, and those springs should work with the CZ-70.

My CZ-50 easily outshot a friend's vintage PPK.

Idaho 45 Vaquero
March 17, 2015, 09:48 AM
Sorry about that, I meant CZ 82, 83's. The ones of those I handled are aluminum frame. Which I personally don't like as well as the steel frame CZ 70.

Walt Sherrill
March 17, 2015, 01:25 PM
Sorry about that, I meant CZ 82, 83's. The ones of those I handled are aluminum frame. Which I personally don't like as well as the steel frame

While I may be wrong, to the best of my knowledge CZ never built an alloy-framed CZ-82 or CZ-83. All of the 82s and 83s I've seen were steel. The 82s that I owned were steel, too.

It was only later, in the late 90's(?), with the introduction of PCR, that CZ first tried guns with alloy (aluminum) frames; the earliest PCRs (also alloy) created for the Police of the Czech Republic, had frame problems -- which CZ quickly resolved.

RJay
March 17, 2015, 08:32 PM
Are they the same as the Walther PP? Yes and no. They are larger and more roughly make. I have the CZ70 and it doesn't start to compare in quality to my PP. A lot of the PP's feature's were copied by VZ. It does seem to be reliable ( so far ) but I wouldn't write home and brag about it:), but for 115 dollars it fits my need for a car side pocket gun.

tallball
March 17, 2015, 09:10 PM
I have one. The trigger is okay for a surplus military pistol - neither great nor terrible. It has kind of grown on me. I like the decocker feature and the convenient takedown (disassembly) button. It is accurate enough for me to put a whole magazine of shots onto a paper plate at seven yards easily, though it's certainly not a target pistol. I like it and am glad I bought it.

Limnophile
March 17, 2015, 09:32 PM
I bought a new CZ 83 chambered in .32 Auto a year before the CZ 83 was discontinued. It has a 15+1 capacity and is pleasant to shoot, but ammo isn't everywhere, nor is it cheap.

Onward Allusion
March 17, 2015, 10:29 PM
Got the 50 and 70, basically the same gun. Yes - about the same size & weight as the Walther but much rougher. Personally, I think these guns are strictly range toys or semi-collectibles in today's environment. 8+1 rounds of 32 ACP in a gun that size & weight doesn't make sense for CC or general personal defence. Still, though, they are accurate and soft shooting.

Ibmikey
March 19, 2015, 02:50 AM
Both my CZ 50 & 70 are fun and accurate shooters, although well made are not finished to the degree a PP is and are slightly heavier, blocker in the hand and the decocker is very unusual to work. My Walthers outshine the CZ in firing tight groups however both are among the most comfortable shooting pistols available.

swissfist
April 5, 2015, 09:21 PM
I have a CZ 70 I picked up for 200.00. Cool little range gun and backup home defense piece, CC? Dont think so. Keep it condition 3 in the house because the little darling WILL GO OFF if there is a chambered round and the hammer is struck, similar to the 1873 SA army.

JERRYS.
April 7, 2015, 07:17 PM
they look like interesting guns, but the thumb safety is a detractor for me. I'd prefer those kbi walther knock offs in .32acp.

Mike Irwin
April 8, 2015, 06:18 AM
I've had one for some years now.

Fun gun.

Heavy as sin for its size.

Trigger is also heavy as sin.

Sharp edges everywhere.

Sights pretty much don't exist.

Did I mention that the trigger pull is heavy as sin?

But... virtually no recoil, accurate, fun to shoot, and cheap.

I keep mine in the hall closet by the front door as a "why the hell are you standing on my porch" and "don't you think you should be getting the hell off my porch" gun.

DA/SA Fan
April 8, 2015, 09:27 AM
I went for a FEG AP MBP instead. Aluminum frame. Sweet little gun but it appears the supply has dried up.