PDA

View Full Version : CZ 75B....trigger adjustment

Blackpaw2
May 14, 2000, 04:18 PM
Afternoon. Well, I just got back from looking for jack rabbits with my CZ and I was wondering if anyone has gotten the trigger lightened up. I know the CZ 85B Combat has an adjustible trigger, just was curious if anyone with a CZ 75 has changed it out. Any advice will help. Thanks.

Big Bunny
May 14, 2000, 05:49 PM
No diddn't know they needed any, but the rabbits must have a nervous twitch by now !!
Is yours the D/A model?
If you have any joy let FL know as I am sure many of us owners would like to know.

------------------
***Big Bunny***

Walt Sherrill
May 14, 2000, 06:44 PM
I have both a CZ-75B and a CZ-85B Combat. (I've had the CZ-75 for months, and got the CZ-85B Combat yesterday; shot it for the first time, today.)

I had the CZ-75B trigger lightened by a local gunsmith. I told him I just wanted to get rid of the "grunginess" of the DA pull; the SA was OK. He did it, and its fine. I've done very well in several IDPA matches with it.

The CZ-85B Combat (as do all 85s) comes from the factory with a smoother trigger; the fit and finish of the 85s is better than the 75s. The trigger on mine, however, is a little heavier than I like. I may get it lightened, too.

Swapping out the trigger will not improve the weight of the trigger; new springs and a lot of polishing (and stoning) is needed to make it lighter and smoother. (The trigger adjustment has to do with overtravel only -- and I'm not sure just how important that is for anything but serious competition.)