1" wide
5.5" long
20 oz.

and the SCCY CPX2 is:

4.5" high
1" wide
6" long
16.4 oz.

I personally find it incomprehensible that a 10 round 9mm can be so close in size to a diminutive .22 pocket pistol and lighter to boot.

What say ye?

Rmocarsky

Cheapshooter
December 2, 2014, 11:50 PM
I personally find it incomprehensible that a 10 round 9mm can be so close in size to a diminutive .22 pocket pistol and lighter to boot.

Well, comprehd the weight difference in the zinc alloy ZAMAK, and the lightweight plastic polymer.:D

Bill DeShivs
December 3, 2014, 01:03 AM
Compare it to the Keltec P11 or PF9!

Cheapshooter
December 3, 2014, 10:41 AM
If you really want to be "incomprehended", compare the SCCY to a truely diminutive 22 pocket pistol!
http://www.taurususa.com/product-details.cfm?id=695&category=Pistol

qwiksdraw
December 3, 2014, 03:57 PM
What say ye?

Sometimes engineering can be a wonderful thing!

lamarw
December 3, 2014, 04:23 PM
The greatest positive about SCCY is their customer service and warranty. A no questions ask warranty for the life of the pistol no matter how many owners. Free shipping to and from the factory in the case of a warranty repair.

Who else does this other than maybe HiPoint? There is also a lot of difference in weight/size between the CPX and the HiPoint, but like HiPoint made in the USA. :)

Cheapshooter
December 3, 2014, 06:09 PM
Who else does this other than maybe HiPoint?
No maybe about Hi-Point. Plus from others who have sent them back, few, and far between as it seems, they will also throw in a couple extra magazines for your trouble.
Has anybody here, or someone anybody heard of had to use the SCCY warranty? Just wondering if it went as well as I have heard about Hi-Point.

lee n. field
December 3, 2014, 06:41 PM
A no questions ask warranty for the life of the pistol no matter how many owners. Free shipping to and from the factory in the case of a warranty repair.

Hmm. Interesting. How's the interwebz buzz on the current quality of the SCCY? I remember early ones had lots of reports of problems.

Who else does this other than maybe HiPoint?

Charter Arms.

lamarw
December 3, 2014, 07:30 PM
Yes, This is the reason I speak so highly of SCCY. I purchased for very few dollars a used CRX-1 made in Dec. 2001. Took it out shooting and had numerous failures to feed which I attributed to the single magazine that came with the used pistol.

I emailed SCCY and ask where I could buy a couple of new magazines and ask when this pistol was made since it had a low serial number. They immediately offered me a brand new pistol in exchange for the old pistol if I so desired. I was rather shocked at the offer.

I was going to be in Daytona the next week and took the pistol back to SCCY. Out of the back comes a new in the box pistol with two magazines. I had my choice from their line-up of handguns. I chose a CRX-2 in dual tone. Then the customer representative filled my arms with t-shirts, ball cap, pens, cleaning mat, key chains and etc.

I have put a lot of rounds through the new pistol since then with zero failures. It has become one of my frequent carry firearms.

jcwit
December 3, 2014, 08:49 PM
Hmm. Interesting. How's the interwebz buzz on the current quality of the SCCY? I remember early ones had lots of reports of problems.

I have 2 SCCY's

One is a CPX-2 B, it has just over 400 rounds thru it without the 1st problem.

The other is a CPX-1 TT, it has over 1,000 rounds thru it, the only malfunctions were when working up handloads and I got to light a charge, a tad more powder "whatever that is" corrected that.

To those out there who might question my reloading capabilities, I know what my "tad" is, and I have been reloading for over 50 years. Yes I use a scale.

rmocarsky
December 3, 2014, 10:55 PM
OP here.

Yeah guys, but I guess what I tried to ascertain with my original post was is the SCCY really, I mean r-e-a-l-l-y comparable dimensionally to the HP22?

Does anyone have personal experience with both or own both?

Rmocarsky

deerslayer303
December 4, 2014, 04:21 AM
Yes, I own both, and dimensionally they are close, with the Sccy's grip seeming to be a little fatter to me, it fills my hand better.

jcwit
December 4, 2014, 06:02 AM
I concer with the above.