PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use Barami grip retention?

Lavan
October 26, 2014, 01:15 PM
These are the extended thingies on the right grip for J-frame snubbies.
They are supposed to retain the gun by hanging on the inside lip of pants and belt.

Any opinions/? :confused:

Snyper
October 26, 2014, 08:22 PM
I like rubber grips, and simple IWB holsters are about the same prices as those grips

Lavan
October 27, 2014, 11:27 AM
My rubber grips seem to like to melt and get gooey.
Might be my chemistry.

Anyhow, good point.
And better retention too.

Bill DeShivs
October 27, 2014, 01:20 PM
The Hip-Grip has worked for years. It does away with the added bulk of an IWB holster.
Rubber grips carried IWB drag on clothing during the draw-not a good thing.

Snyper
October 27, 2014, 06:24 PM
Rubber grips carried IWB drag on clothing during the draw-not a good thing
I've never noticed that happenning.

When drawing, your hand is around the grips, so unless they are grossly oversized, I don't see how anything could "drag"

I've also never seen any rubber grips "melt"

I have grips by Pachmayr, Hogue, and Michaels, with some getting close to 40 years old, that still look like new

Maybe it's something about the oil or cleaning solvents being used

AK103K
October 27, 2014, 07:18 PM
My rubber grips seem to like to melt and get gooey.
Ive run across a couple of rubber grips that seemed to do that. The last I remember was an "Ergo" grip for an AK. It was as if the rubber was sweating a sticky goo, that always seemed to return, no matter how it was cleaned.

Rubber grips carried IWB drag on clothing during the draw-not a good thing
Its been my experience that the rubber grips tend to be 'grabby' on clothing, which tend to aggravate keeping them concealed, and can also hang up the draw from concealment. I learned early on to go with something else. There are enough options that dont grab, so why bother?

I suppose things like the Barami, and its auto equivalent, the Clip Draw, are OK if you lead a fairly sedentary lifestyle, but for anything a little more athletic or energetic, I cant imagine they would hold the gun in place for very long. Nothing beats a "good" holster.

Dragline45
October 27, 2014, 08:10 PM
I used one for a couple years with a Tyler T Grip adapter, one of the most concealable setups hands down. I wanted to be able to use the grips of my choice though, and still have the same level of concealability, so I started cutting out the back pockets of my old jeans and sewing them in my pants where I would normally carry IWB. I have carried with this method for over 3 years now with everything from a J frame to an M&P9C.