PDA

View Full Version : AR15.com users: how to post new topic?

Glock-A-Roo
January 29, 2001, 10:32 AM
I finally found the new AR15.com site and have successfully logged in. But nowhere on any forum page there have I seen a way to post a new topic. There's a number of posts there, of course, so somebody is posting somehow. What am I missing?

kgs
January 29, 2001, 10:55 AM
I believe the discussions forum has been down for a few days. Any time I try to enter the forum, I get a blank screen. I had also heard from another TFL user that the forum at AR15.com was down. We'll just have to wait.

kgs.

Indy Steve
January 29, 2001, 01:13 PM
Try http://www.ar15.com:1111/forums

To post new topics you must be logged in. I know you said you were. But double check. I was just in and the links on each forum topic page are there for posting new topics.

If you log in properly your login name should appear on the left hand banner of the main page. Below your login name you should see:

Log out
Edit Account
Change Password

Good luck.

Glock-A-Roo
January 29, 2001, 03:45 PM
Hey Steve: this is weird. I enter my username/password at the site and when I click the Login button, I get a screen saying "object moved here", where "here" is a link. I click the link and am back at the opening ar15.com page.

When I go to the forums, my username is listed under "members currently browsing forums". This made me think I was logged in, but I do not see the log out/edit stuff on the left. I still see no links for posting.

I'm no computer genius, but I'm not an internet idiot either. I've tried really hard to get onto the new ar15.com site. I think they're losing a lot of quality members by not getting the fundamental stuff working. They sure seem to have shot themselves in the foot in this whole site change fiasco.

Indy Steve
January 29, 2001, 04:05 PM
I don't know either. I just tried to log in and it went just fine. I used lower case in both name and password. I pressed the <enter> key instead of clicking on the "Log In" button. I deny any cookies as well. I am using IE 5.5 on a WIN NT Workstation machine that uses a 56K dialup.

That's about as much as I know to look for.

Try emailing [email protected]

Again good luck.

http://www.ar15.com:1111

johnwill
January 29, 2001, 08:22 PM
It also took me about 4 tries, but I finally managed to actually get logged in and post. OTOH, the new format kinda' sucks, I liked the old one much better. :)

jhunnetaz
January 29, 2001, 11:57 PM
you cannot log in using your old username and password,.... you will have to "register" again,... yes, register again, and just like everyone else, we are all demoted back to junior members. but yes, you can still re-use your old username and password if you like... goodluck....

Glock-A-Roo
January 30, 2001, 08:56 AM
Hey guys, I finally got in at AR15.com. Required going through a dialup connection via Netscape Navigator. Simply couldn't make it in on Explorer going through the corporate firewall & proxy. The site itself wasn't blocked, but certain functions like logging in wouldn't work.

Thanks for the help. I figured I'd find other AR15.com junkies here at "art of the rifle"! :)

Door Kicker
February 1, 2001, 10:52 PM
Yes we are here.
I don't think that the old AR15.com is ever comming back online.