PDA

View Full Version : CZ 75B with Meprolight Night Sight

Rogervzv
September 27, 2014, 12:35 PM
I very recently acquired a new CZ 75B. After taking it to the range, I found that I really like the gun -- it is accurate and 100% reliable. I did, however, have some difficulty seeing the white dots on the three-dot sight in the somewhat dim light of my indoor range. I believe that this sight system is painted with phosphorescent paint so that if you shine a bright light or sunlight upon it, it will glow for a time. In practice I do not find this helpful and I do find the dots hard to see. After some research I am planning to put the Meprolight Night Sight (a bright Tritium sight system) on the CZ75B to replace the factory front and rear sight -- I have a gunsmith who is very good at such things. Before my CZ75B goes "under the knife" in a week or so I would welcome any and all comments about this.
Modify message

Pilot
September 27, 2014, 02:19 PM
If you want night sights, there is nothing wrong with getting them added to a CZ. Go for it. I am not a fan of night sights, but that is just me. My 75B, and 7D PCR remain stock except for the rubber CZ grips, and nice grips screws I added to the 75B. The PCR got nicer grip screws also, but came with the CZ rubber grips.

TunnelRat
September 27, 2014, 06:17 PM
If you want night sights, there is nothing wrong with getting them added to a CZ. Go for it. I am not a fan of night sights, but that is just me. My 75B, and 7D PCR remain stock except for the rubber CZ grips, and nice grips screws I added to the 75B. The PCR got nicer grip screws also, but came with the CZ rubber grips.
Given the sometimes crappy paint on the stock sights, I don't see why you wouldn't want the night sights.

Rogervzv
September 27, 2014, 06:59 PM
Given the sometimes crappy paint on the stock sights, I don't see why you wouldn't want the night sights.

Pretty much my point. I have trouble seeing the white dots on the stock CZ75B sights. The Mepro sights seem like they have a nice bright dot, which has the added benefit of being Tritium. That's where I'm coming from here. Was just wondering if anyone else on this excellent forum had actually switched to these sights.

TunnelRat
September 27, 2014, 07:01 PM
Pretty much my point. I have trouble seeing the white dots on the stock CZ75B sights. The Mepro sights seem like they have a nice bright dot, which has the added benefit of being Tritium. That's where I'm coming from here. Was just wondering if anyone else on this excellent forum had actually switched to these sights.
I haven't installed them on CZs but I have them on all my HKs. Always been happy at the quality for the price.

railroader
September 27, 2014, 10:10 PM
Rogervzv, you might want to just repaint the dots in your sights. You can pick out the old paint with something pointy and paint new bright white dots with testors paint and a tooth pick. Unless your range is really dark the night sights aren't going to glow where you can see them.

volkstrm
September 28, 2014, 04:25 AM
Hello Rogervzu,
I hear you on that. I am a big CZ guy I have 6 of them & I but them same night sights on all my CZ's that did not come with them. The SP-01 came with them. It make it a hole lot better to see the sights day & night. Go for it. I would also dump the polymer guide rod & put in a steel one. You can get it from CZ if you like just call them. You will have to also change the recoil spring because the one that came with it will not fit a steel guide rod. I got them from wolf springs.

Pond, James Pond
September 28, 2014, 05:13 AM
As volkstrm has said, some CZs come with them as standard, although not Meprolights, AFAIK. My SP-01 has them from the factory and I find them easy to see.

But if you want after-markets, then you are not limited to 3-dot systems. I believe there is the "Straight-8" variety from Heinle. The one time I tried these, I found them super-easy to line-up.

Pilot
September 28, 2014, 06:40 AM

I can pick up the stock sights without a problem, so spending the money for night sights is not worth it to me. If you want whiter sights, I also like the model paint method. ymmv.

Dave1911
September 29, 2014, 11:30 PM
I painted my stock CZ P-01 sights multiple colors. Nothing worked well. I now have Meprolights on it. The Meprolights are bigger and brighter dots. And the notch seems like its bigger. For me it makes a big difference at the range.

pylonguy
September 30, 2014, 08:11 AM
I bought my cz75 with the CGW ez/d sights. One fiberoptic in the front and wide blacked out in the rear, I find it quite nice.

http://cajungunworks.com/sights_and_sight_sets.html

Rogervzv
October 1, 2014, 09:23 PM
Well, the gun went to the Smith with the new sights today. I'll let everyone know how it turns out!!

DT Guy
October 3, 2014, 03:39 PM
For shooting in near-complete darkness, night sights are great.

For shooting in almost ANY kind of light, I have more luck with fiber optics; the night sights don't really come into play until it's really, REALLY dark, where the fiber works all the way from daylight to fairly low indoors lighting.

Larry

TunnelRat
October 3, 2014, 04:46 PM
For shooting in almost ANY kind of light, I have more luck with fiber optics; the night sights don't really come into play until it's really, REALLY dark, where the fiber works all the way from daylight to fairly low indoors lighting.

I spend a lot of time in parking lots. I find there that the night sights work great. It's not true darkness, but sometimes there isn't enough ambient light for a fiber optic. YMMV.

Knightsofnee
October 3, 2014, 08:37 PM
Are the Meprolight sights set up for the "combat hold" i.e. put the front sight dot where you want to hit, or the point of aim on top of the front sight hold? I don't like covering up my target.

TunnelRat
October 3, 2014, 08:53 PM
Are the Meprolight sights set up for the "combat hold" i.e. put the front sight dot where you want to hit, or the point of aim on top of the front sight hold? I don't like covering up my target.

Typically they are set up for a combat hold.

Rogervzv
October 4, 2014, 04:25 AM
I'll give a good report on all of this when I get the gun back; hopefully about a week from now.