PDA

View Full Version : Replacement Night Sights for Glock

Stoic
January 27, 2001, 11:37 PM
What are some good replacement night sights for Glocks?

I can't stand the factory Glock sights with the white "U" for the rear sight.

I have looked at the Novak, Heinie, Ashley Express, and Glock Factory Night Sights on the internet.

I shoot left handed, but am right eyed dominant...So the sight picture might be better enhanced for me with a strong front sight and a mild rear site. Anyone else have this problem?

Has anyone had any shooting experiences with the Heinie Slant Pro/Straight Eight sights?

Has anyone had any shooting experiences with the Ashley Express Sights? I've only seen these on Safari Rifles?

Thanks for any replies.

bk40
January 28, 2001, 03:45 AM
Stoic,

You might want to look at rear yellow dots with a green front

http://www.wilsoncombat.com -I like their nite eyes and had them on several Glocks

http://www.ashleyoutdoors.com -Had one set of std rear with big dot tritium front on a G19. This setup worked very well for me and I've come to prefer just a front tritium nowadays.

neil pilling
January 28, 2001, 05:15 AM
my glock 21 has heinie front and rear sights. only the front sight is trijicon the rear is a plain all black sight. This setup works well for me.

Hope it helps.

WESHOOT2
January 28, 2001, 08:03 AM
Ashley's are nice, but I recommend MMC.

Will Beararms
January 28, 2001, 12:20 PM
I have the new style PT night sights for Glocks. http://www.ptnightsights.com. Many will bag on PT's and they will mot withstand a 400F oven if you have your gun refinished. Funny thing is IMI who owns PT provides the tritium vials for many sight manufacturers out there and they own MMC. Some of the Wilson Combat sights look suspiciously like PT products. I live in Texas and have been to the factory in FT. Worth. The head knocker stated that their goal is to have a night sight where the tritium vials will not have glare during the daylight hours.

On the color issue, I was told that in fact green is the brightest and longest lasting color. I was also told by some of the machinist that they have found that red, yellow or orange sights blend in with muzzle blast while the green sights are contrasted. I don't know for I have not shot my Glock 23 in the dark or low light conditions since installing them.

Thus, far, through three months of use, I have noticed no problems with the sights and they are very bright. The PT product carries a 15 year warranty.

mikey357
January 28, 2001, 12:26 PM
As far as Night Sights go, the best are Trijicon and Meprolight...if it was me, I would STAY AWAY FROM PT, IWI and MMC...avoid 'em like the PLAGUE!!!....mikey357

9x45
January 28, 2001, 12:30 PM
Trijicons are the brighest, Meps are the best buy for the money.

Kentucky Rifle
January 28, 2001, 01:00 PM
I chose Trijicon's for my G27. Three years and no problems.

KR

leedesert
January 28, 2001, 01:57 PM
I have looked into this for a while myself. I am getting the Heinie's Slant 8's night sights. After getting comments from hundreds of people and trying them at a GSSF match I realized that they are the best for me.
-They use the Trijicons inserts.
-The rear sight is set a little bit further back then standard Trijicons thus giving you a better sight radius.
Their post and slot dimmensions makes for very accurate long range shooting.
-The simple 2 dot (figure 8) night sight makes for quick an easy aiming at night.

The Ashley's are good too but they suffer in long range because the rear V is not as accurate.