PDA

View Full Version : Steyr S40...where is it???

DerGlockenpooper
January 27, 2001, 08:40 PM
I have been so excited to see the Steyr S40, and waiting patiently. It was supposed to be out by November of last year at the latest.
Where is it!??? I want one!
Anyone have any idea when we might see one "on the shelves" and hence in my greedy little hands? :)

Will Beararms
January 27, 2001, 09:18 PM
DerGP:

What Steyr? This is preposterous. How could you? Take two Glocks and call me in the morning. PS: I have recently acquired a .40 Glock. Who knows I may even move down to a 9mm Glock in the near future. ;) Remember the heated 9mm vs 45 thread on another forum a few months ago?

PLASTIC SIG
January 27, 2001, 10:57 PM
I will never understand what anyone sees in a STEYR. But hey, whatever you fancy.

Tim :D

petej88
January 28, 2001, 08:20 PM
The S9's are just now hitting the streets. The S40's should be hitting in the near future. The S357 will be the last to arrive, as usual. :)

twoblink
January 29, 2001, 06:04 AM
PLASTIC SIG,

Hmmm... I don't know, but what attracted me to the Steyr's was it had everything I like about a Glock; Tenifer, SA-esque trigger (but the Steyr's is short and crisp, not spongy); and then there are the added goodies; 5 safeties, the best sights on the market, a reputable name behind it, and the list goes on and on...

Hmm... great question though, looking to get an S9 for the gf, where is it???

Albert

PLASTIC SIG
January 29, 2001, 01:08 PM
You didnt have to justify it :D

Tim :)

P.S. I happen to like em as well (we'll make that our little secret) I just cant get over the looks. Good luck with yours. Let us know how it performs!

DerGlockenpooper
January 29, 2001, 01:15 PM
Will -

Yep, I remember that thread ;) I guess it is fun to debate, but never really gets anywhere, eh? As much as I defend the 9mm, I really handle recoil well and tend to carry larger calibers (shh, don't tell anyone). :)

I know it is heresy for a Glocker like me to want a Steyr ;) Really though, just because I love Glocks does not mean I am closed minded to everything else. The S40 looks like it is going to be very cool. I will give it an honest try and who knows, it might replace my G27 for carry. Only trying it for myself will tell.

Ben
January 29, 2001, 04:44 PM
I want an S-40 also. Not so much for the looks (too Sigma-ish); but like you said, it has the things that Glocks seemed to be missing. Full support has become somewhat important to me after picking up case-after-case of bulged 40S&W cases after a guy was shooting a Glock before me. There's NO reason Glock can't fix this situation (note I didn't call it a problem).

I like compact pistols the most, so I'm also looking at the new Mauser M-2, Kahr-9, S&W CS-9, Beretta 9000, and Glock23C.

Ben

Will Beararms
January 30, 2001, 10:24 AM
DGP:

You certainly are entitled to your preferences. It just hurts to see you commit Glockdultery. ;) :eek: ;)