PDA

View Full Version : shot three guns at trap last night

eastbank
August 18, 2014, 07:37 AM
BT-100 a 48-50 for two rounds, a win model 12 field made into a fake trap, one round 23-25, a charles daly model 500 double barrel one round 23-25. walmart federal 12ga 3dr-1-1/8oz-#7.5 shot used. all 100 shot in a row. 94-100 total . i did a little happy dance when no one was looking. eastbank.

BigJimP
August 18, 2014, 01:48 PM
The happy dance image I can do without....:D ....but a score in the mid 90's with 3 different guns...is pretty darn good.

But why shoot 3 different guns...?? ...just having fun, or you trying to test something ...??

eastbank
August 18, 2014, 04:51 PM
just having fun,i shot my BT-100 first. the BT-100 is my favorite singles trap gun and wanted to shoot the model 12 and the charles daly just to see how they would do. i often take a few shotguns along to shoot after shooting the BT-100 or loaning one to a new shooter or if someone wants to try a different gun as i own 27 shotguns counting the browning o/u i just bought off GB last week but didn,t get yet,it will be here wednesday. if i had not dropped two birds in the first 50, i would have used the BT-100 untill i missed. eastbank

BigJimP
August 18, 2014, 05:19 PM
and you had some fun / and that is really all that matters...

eastbank
August 18, 2014, 05:32 PM
if its not fun,i don,t have much time for it and i enjoy all the shooting sports. we have a few shooters who get upset if they drop a few birds and go off, swearing and degrading every thing from slow pull, bad light, shells, gun or distractions from the other shooters. i have tried to talk to a few,but most times it does no good, so the group(4-5) i hang with tend to leave them alone. eastbank..

BigJimP
August 18, 2014, 05:40 PM
Sure, I get it...

I shoot just for fun as well....no more competition for me. I have a nice BT-100 as well....but 99% of the time, if I want to shoot Trap I shoot a Citori XT with 32" barrels.../ just something about it feels better ( but most of the time I shoot Skeet and Sporting Clays...)....but I'm only at the shotgun club once a week....and I'm at my local indoor handgun range 2 or 3 times a week...

Can't just be a one trick pony....( I'm striving for at least 1.5 tricks )...

eastbank
August 19, 2014, 05:22 AM
i,m blessed to have 5 shooter friends who i hang out with and we all like to shoot and hunt, most are retired and are free to get to gether and enjoy the shooting sports.you could not find any better friends. i own 4 0/U,s, three that are field guns(two brownings-one cz 103) and the fourth that i just bought will be my doubles gun(i have been useing rem 11-87,s),adjustable comb,ported and invecta plus chokes. for single trap the BT-100 just fits me perfectly and i like the adjustable comb,adjustable trigger(removable) and the 34" ported barrel, i,m not sure how much the porting helps, but i know i don,t like shooting it with out ear plugs. and there are four shooting ranges very close by that have all the clay games along with all rifle and pistol ranges up to 1000 yds. the one club buys its birds 20 skids at a time. and the cost for a round run 3.00-4.00. i,m into retirement 9 years and am haveing a hell of a good time. eastbank.

Virginian
August 19, 2014, 05:47 AM
Sounds like fun. I'm still working full time. Cardiologist asked me if I still was and I said yes, and he said "Don't quit". I asked why, and he said "You'll die." :eek: I found that rather disconcerting, and so I pursued it and he explained his rationale to me. Made enough sense that I'm still at it. Thank heaven's I have a job I enjoy - mostly.

BigJimP
August 19, 2014, 11:42 AM
I still work 3 days a week ...but not too hard.../ mostly just keep tabs on things in the office - or am around if they need me.

Having friends to enjoy your hobby with is important...and good range facilities around is always a plus ( not everyone has decent range facilities reasonably close by - or even within an hour each way ).

I'm off to the handgun range this morning - to run some tactical reload drills...in one of my primary 1911's / and for fun, in a S&W revolver in .357 Mag...( draw and fire 6 rds - reload - fire 6 rounds ) about the best I can do, and still stay on target is about 11.25 sec... ( Jerry Miculek only beats me by about 7.5 sec )... --- no Skeet today, didn't feel like driving out there...and I had some chores around the house that wouldn't wait...( replacing a lock on garage...and some sprinkler maintenance )...