PDA

View Full Version : Para-Ordnance

HS
October 12, 1998, 08:52 AM
Anyone got the inside info on Double Action versions of these to be released?

Ken Campbell
October 13, 1998, 08:30 PM
Now there is a scary thought . . . a DA Para. If it ain't broke, why fix it?

HS
October 14, 1998, 03:22 AM
Maybe the next improvement of the venerable 1911 is to get back market share with D/AO guns being more widely carried? Would screw up your IPSC double taps though ! http://www.thefiringline.com/ubb/smile.gif...HS

Hernan Peyras
October 14, 1998, 06:37 PM
Whooo man. A DA Para!!! That is something I never thought possible

October 14, 1998, 07:47 PM
Sounds like something for the ham-fisted folks amoungst us. Us little folks will just have to make do with the antiquated and much maligned SA versions.

HS
October 16, 1998, 06:52 AM
Ahh but what if the d/a pull is minutely longer than the s/a pull? George Stringer reckons Seecamp? brought out a conversion kit a number of years back. Wait and see, wait and see...HS

HS
December 19, 1998, 09:33 AM
Everyone - check out the Dec/Jan Guns & Ammo if your interested in the DA Para !
Triggerpull of 5 1/2 lbs and it's schweeet !
The P-14 & P-16 DA versions will be available in limited supplies in Jan 1999 with production geared up for Feb.
Double Happy Joy Joy ! :) :)

AZONE
December 19, 1998, 12:08 PM
I think Glock should come out with a "single action" with a thumb safety.

December 19, 1998, 04:39 PM
Or, even a Glock single-action revolver. Then I could use it for those rainy days in the saddle, instead of my old Colt .44 SA.

Bryan Whited
December 19, 1998, 05:39 PM
My take on the Para DA is that it is for government contracts that specify a double action (A dud round may go off with another hit?).
From the article about it, it sounds like this is one sweet DA trigger. A very smooth pull and not heavy at all. Could this be some competition to Glock for everyone (lawyers and administators) who are afraid of a single action auto?

Rob Pincus
December 19, 1998, 05:47 PM
IMHO, the DA Para is the acknowledgment that shooters and LEOs want double action. Lawyers want double action. everyone wants double action. It is faster, can be more reliable and has a stigma of being safer.

I don't know why the Double Eagle line has not been more popular. It could be the limited mag capacity. I guess people think of Colt as a single action company. Maybe this new para is exactly what the marketplace has been looking for.

No need to flame me about the greatness of single actions like the BHP and the 1911, They are great platforms, I used to be a die hard single action carrier, but I feel the double action of "safe" action, is faster and safer.

There are certian,very restricted cricumstances, where I would prefer to have a single action gun, but they are few and far between and I don't see myself encountering them by chance.

------------------
-Essayons

Grayfox
December 19, 1998, 10:11 PM
Sorry guys, but on this one I just can't resist quoting Jeff Cooper.
"It's a unique solution to a nonexistant problem."

Rob Pincus
December 20, 1998, 03:07 AM
All due respect to the Colonel, but I can think of a lot of things that fall under that descriptions. Like the Corvette, for example.

------------------
-Essayons