PDA

View Full Version : I joined the "dark side"!!!

Revolvernut
June 12, 2014, 07:41 PM
As much as I have never been able to bring myself to love Glocks one found its way into my carry rotation.

I picked up a Gen3 Glock 23 with an extra .357 Sig barrel the other day. And I don't know if it's because I'm getting old and going senile or if absence has made my heart grow fonder but I actually like the feel of the trigger now. I was surprised at how clean it breaks and how quick the reset is....the last time I remember pulling the trigger on a Glock I swore I felt a spring vibrate in my brain for three minutes afterward.

What do you Glock guys think? Have I seen the error of my ways?

What do you 1911 guys think? Will my Colt Commander forever curse me from my gun safe?

CleanDean
June 12, 2014, 07:51 PM
Some heresay....Larry Vickers uses (packs) a glock , much of the time.
L.A.V. says " to make an out of the box 1911 comfortably reliable it needs worked over to the tune of ¿ 1000 dollars?"
"Glock is good to go , off the self & out of the box."

Can this...be true?

dayman
June 12, 2014, 07:51 PM
While it wouldn't make a great bullseye gun, I really don't have a problem with the glock trigger.

It's not quite as easy to shoot well as the 1911, but I find it easier to shoot well then a lot of guns.
If you have decent trigger control its easy to make it work.

But there's no reason you have to choose one over the other. Feel free to like both.

Revolvernut
June 12, 2014, 08:06 PM
I would argue the $1000 tune up to make a 1911 run reliably. I have a RIA Compact Tactical that I paid $500 and I have never had a problem and it's more accurate than I am.

jr24
June 12, 2014, 08:13 PM
I did the same with a Glock 21, but added the heresy of not only shooting it better than my 1911's, but also LIKING shooting it better than my 1911's.

THEN, I won a Gen 3 Glock 23 (that I didn't even want) that has managed to weasel its way into my EDC once I realized I shoot that better than anything else I have.

Curses.

Side note, I've really found that the Glock (and also Ruger SR series) triggers seem to fit me best. So at least I've figured that out.

Revolvernut
June 12, 2014, 08:20 PM
The 1911 trigger is what I shoot the best, and Diamondhead peep sights are the sight I can aquire a target the fastest with.

So the day they make a high capacity, lightweight, compact size pistol with a single action trigger and peep sights I'll be in heaven

ParabellumJ
June 12, 2014, 08:23 PM
Personally I have no problem with the trigger on either of my two Glocks. The pull is consistent, the break predictable, and the reset short and crisp. For me it lends itself to fast follow up shots. It's no 1911 trigger, but I shoot both equally as well. But I will outshoot both of them with my CZ.

Revolvernut
June 12, 2014, 08:30 PM
ParabellumJ-
Which CZ?

ParabellumJ
June 12, 2014, 09:42 PM
ParabellumJ-

Which CZ?

75B

Fishbed77
June 12, 2014, 10:39 PM
L.A.V. says " to make an out of the box 1911 comfortably reliable it needs worked over to the tune of ¿ 1000 dollars?"

Maybe he bought some crappy 1911s. My Colt Government XSE has run flawlessly from the moment I first took it out of the box.

Which is more than I can say for my Glock 19.

That said, my Glock 19 runs like a top now, and I enjoy shooting it quite a bit.

Nakanokalronin
June 13, 2014, 12:44 AM
Glocks are good, but I have DAO, DA/SA and SAO gun from multiple manufactures that I like. Their frames are made from steel, aluminum and polymer. I like them all and don't obsess over one brand or type like many do. You just found another type of gun that shoots well.

You've only gone to the dark side when someone asks your opinion between a Ruger SR9, S&W M&P9 and XDM 9 and you respond with "Glock". Then you're a Glockaholic.

DaleA
June 13, 2014, 01:26 AM
L.A.V. says " to make an out of the box 1911 comfortably reliable it needs worked over to the tune of ¿ 1000 dollars?" ...
Can this...be true?

Oh of course that's not true.

I will give him that Glocks work fine out of the box, just don't tell me EVERY one does. (And again, don't tell me that EVERY 1911 needs $1000 work done to it to make it reliable. That's just silly.)

jr24
June 13, 2014, 02:56 PM

All six of my 1911's have been good to go, 100% out of the box. Only changes were springs when they needed it.

I've had more stoppages with a Glock than a 1911 (granted, it was weak ammo, but still).

1911's are great, other guns are great. Everything is great. No hate.

2ndsojourn
June 13, 2014, 03:39 PM
I shoot both, a G19 and 1911's. I have no problem shooting either accurately. If we were allowed to carry in NJ, of the two choices I'd mostly carry the G19 because it's lighter. But I just like my 1911's much more. I guess my mileage varies from others.