PDA

View Full Version : A couple makarov questions

bspillman
March 8, 2014, 11:54 AM
I bought a Bulgarian makarov and I love it sweet shooter. My first question is I'm a big guy with love handles and I want to ccw this gun, can anyone recommend a good inexpensive holster? Secondly I see these with lanyards on them. What's the purpose of having a lanyard in a pistol? Thanks in advance.

qwiksdraw
March 8, 2014, 10:05 PM
Don't go cheap on a holster get the best you can afford. I will carry my Mak with same holster I use for my Bersa Thunder 380. It is an IWB hybrid holster ( leather & kydex). These go for about $55 or $60. By the way, get a good belt to go with the holster

The lanyard is there in case you drop the gun.

militant
March 8, 2014, 10:11 PM
There are belt clips you can get and attach to the slide for in waist band carry. That is what I did with mine.

RJay
March 8, 2014, 10:52 PM
The purpose of the lanyard was to prevent the lost of a sidearm. These were military issue handguns.

gyvel
March 10, 2014, 12:23 PM
Although the lanyard feature was principally a military feature, they come in darn handy if you're carrying your pistol, say, in a canoe or small boat, or on horseback, too, for that matter.

Rodger_p
March 10, 2014, 02:28 PM
I used to carry mine in a Don Hume open top IWB.

I think they run around $35.00 right now.

JimmyR
March 11, 2014, 12:04 AM
From a guy with "love handles"

First, if your body is shaped like mine, I have found the Desantis SofTuk to be a great option, since mine is carried at around 4 o clock with a full forward cant. They are cheap, but effective.

Personally, I love the kydex/leather hybrid hoslters, and ones that are adjustable (anything with screws and not rivets) are great, since you can lower the holster to fit under the love handle.