PDA

View Full Version : Any suggestions for an IWB holster for an XDs?

SocialAnarchist
December 22, 2013, 11:46 PM
I am looking for an IWB holster for my .45 acp XDs. I am looking for something made out of leather or cordura or something similar. Something more comfortable than a hard plastic holster but with good retention, comfortable to wear and easy to draw from.

Any suggestions?

MadeinAmerica13
December 23, 2013, 10:54 AM
My holster of choice for my S&W M&P9 is the Galco KingTuk. Similiar to the KingTuk is a Crossbreed SuperTuck. A good friend of mine recommended the Crossbreed to be, but there was a long back-order wait time when I bought my new gun, so I went with the Galco KingTuk.

The KingTuk, in my opinion, is the best functioning and most comfortable holster I've owned. The leather is comfortable against your body, while the kydex achieves your desired retention. I've had my Galco holster for about 5 months, carry every day, and haven't had a single problem with the holster, no complaints of uncomfort, and no problems with the firearm falliing out or moving no matter the activity I am doing.

In my opinion, hybrid holsters like this are a great cross between the comfort of leather and the functionality of kydex. Definitely a go-to choice!

Carne Frio
December 23, 2013, 11:15 AM
The Remora holsters work fine for smaller pistols and might be good for yours.
https://www.remoraholsterstore.com/

Bultaco
December 28, 2013, 01:56 PM
I own several of the CrossBreed IWB holsters. I have spent big money on major makers leather IWB holsters & they can't match the CB for comfort. The leather shield between you & the gun makes a big difference. The thin Kydex pistol pouch keeps things quite slim. Something many leather IWBs are not. The CB has a bit more adjustment available than many of the clones, something I have made good use of for both cant & depth of carry.