PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use Mountain Molds?

TATER
October 17, 2013, 01:54 PM
Anyone use Mountain Molds?
I am after .380-.381 at about 260 to 265 grains with gas check . I can't seem to find anything.
I can design what I want on-line at Mountain molds but, I really don't know what I'm doing?:confused:
It seems to be user friendly though.

FrankenMauser
October 17, 2013, 02:27 PM
I have messed with the bullet design program a bit, but I haven't ordered a mold from him, personally.
However, I know quite a few bullet casters that are completely satisfied with the molds they designed and ordered from Mountain Molds. I wouldn't hesitate to send them (him) my money. One friend in Arizona, for example, has more than 15 custom molds from them, and about 10 more designs waiting for finances to align.

There is quite a learning curve for the online design program, but once you figure out what each function does, you can get things done fairly well.
I tried, and tried, to design a bullet with that program, a while back ...and just kept getting errors and bullets that looked like Picasso sketches.

So, I spent an hour or more just figuring out what each little option did (including all the drawing options at the bottom), and reading what I could in the FAQ/Tutorial section of the website. It seems MUCH more user-friendly now. ;)

TATER
October 17, 2013, 02:34 PM
That's what I wanted to hear, Thanks my friend.:D