PDA

View Full Version : Walther PPQ Navy: Should I pick this up?

TunnelRat
October 16, 2013, 01:38 PM
Hi all,
A lgs near me has a used Walther PPQ Navy with the threaded barrel, case, and two mags for $550. It's the original M1 style. I'm tempted to pick it up. The threaded barrel does have a thread protector, but I wonder about trying to conceal it. Would I be able to order a standard barrel from Walther? Besides a drainage hole does the Navy version offer any advantage over the standard model?

-TR

Kevin_d77
October 16, 2013, 01:41 PM
No, you should tell me where its at instead and I will deal with the hassles :D

Uncle Malice
October 16, 2013, 01:52 PM
I believe the navy also has all of the internals phosphate coated.

In either case, yes, you should pick it up... but if you didn't pick it up already, it will probably be gone when you get back.

I want a PPQ M1... no interest in the M2. :(

TunnelRat
October 16, 2013, 01:57 PM
It's currently on hold for me. I saw it, couldn't believe it was there, and immediately put it on a hold. This shop allows a 7-day no charge hold, which is very nice of them.

I will make my way over one of these nights to take a closer look. Has anyone every carried a threaded barrel IWB with a thread protector? It's still not overly long, not sure it would really be a problem. Though I guess it could snag.

balance
October 16, 2013, 02:38 PM
I believe the navy also has all of the internals phosphate coated.

The Sig 226 Navy has the phosphate coating. The Walther PPQ Navy does not. The PPQ's slide and barrel (on all PPQ pistols) are tenifer treated.

Here is a thread from the Walther forum where the two were compared to each other:

http://www.waltherforums.com/forum/faq-ppq/20736-ppq-vs-ppq-navy.html

The PPQ navy has a hole drilled into the striker channel from the bottom of the slide to allow water to move out of the channel, it has special spring cups to allow water to move out of the way of the striker, and it has an heavier striker spring to overcome the extra resistance of the water in the striker channel.

The PPQ navy should also come with a threaded barrel.

kcub
October 16, 2013, 07:05 PM
Get it and and get an extra std length barrel from Earl's (who sells the M1 navy for 2k)

http://www.carlwalther.com/ppq.htm

PP99
October 16, 2013, 07:44 PM
Congrats! Nice catch