PDA

View Full Version : Do you have holsters for all your guns?

TennJed
October 3, 2013, 05:19 PM
Do you own a holster for all your guns? I have a few of my range only guns that I do not. I transport then in a case when I shoot them. Sometimes I catch myself shopping for holsters for them, but wonder why spend the money ?

tekarra
October 3, 2013, 05:26 PM
I have holsters for my carry guns. Cannot justify buying a holster for a range gun preferring to spend the money on ammo.

armoredman
October 3, 2013, 05:30 PM
Short answer, yes. Long answer, some carry guns I have multiple holsters for from trying new ones over the years.
Every sidearm has a holster.

lamarw
October 3, 2013, 06:07 PM
All but one. It is a new revolver, and the holster has been ordered. Lead time is 8 to 10 weeks for completion.

lamarw
October 3, 2013, 06:09 PM
Deleted

Mike Irwin
October 3, 2013, 06:58 PM
Carry guns only for the most part.

Kreyzhorse
October 3, 2013, 07:25 PM
I do. Even for my guns that I don't carry very often such as my S&W 686.

Sharpsdressed Man
October 3, 2013, 07:41 PM
I believe every good handgun deserves an equally good holster, and I do not mind spending the money for them.

RBid
October 3, 2013, 08:00 PM
Technically, yes. I have a cheap thing for the Beretta, and the holster I use for my Glock 19 Gen 4 obviously accommodates my Glock 23 Gen 4. In reality, I carry the same firearm in the same holster, every day.

lee n. field
October 3, 2013, 08:19 PM
Everything except the Mark II Target. Not always very usable holsters, though.

glh17
October 3, 2013, 09:40 PM
All but a new one and I just have decided on what to get.

B. Lahey
October 3, 2013, 10:07 PM
Not even close, but I do have a pile of holsters, even a few for guns I no longer own or have never owned. I've been meaning to get a table at a gunshow to unload some of my less useful doodads, but haven't yet.

TXAZ
October 3, 2013, 10:07 PM
Most but not all.

CosmicCoder
October 3, 2013, 10:14 PM
Yes, I have a holster for each of my handguns. I have three for my carry gun.

JimmyR
October 3, 2013, 11:54 PM
All but 2- I have a Security Six and a RIA 1911 that I am still looking for holsters for. I technically have one for the 1911, but its a nylon shoulder holster, and I had it for another gun, so I don't really count it.

Corrections Cop
October 4, 2013, 07:59 AM
I have holsters for all but 1 of my hand guns. My Colt New Service 7.5" barrel in .38-40 does not have one. I don't even know if some one makes one, but it being an antique and ammo at 35 bucks a box I doubt I will ever shoot it so no need for a holster. Plus with its size it does not make a good carry gun.

bedbugbilly
October 4, 2013, 08:16 AM
Yes - for some more than one . . . but then I make holsters, etc. and do leatherwork for a hobby. :D

southjk
October 4, 2013, 10:32 AM
Only for my carry gun. There is no point having a holster if I'm not going to carry that particular gun.

Beretta686
October 4, 2013, 11:10 AM
Some of friends have a holster fetish and need to have a holster for every gun, which I don't see the point for.

The only time I need a holster is at the Ranch when I'm hunting. So I only have specific holsters for guns that I carry out there. Though I also have one of those OD Green military holsters, which can carry a bunch of different guns.

dahermit
October 4, 2013, 11:11 AM
I have my own land/shooting range, so I have holsters for all of them if only to carry out to the Pole Barn/range and sit in my woods. I make most of my own holsters and when I get another gun, I make a holster to fit it and my purpose for the gun.

BigJimP
October 4, 2013, 11:15 AM
Yes, because I like to shoot all of my handguns ...in tactical drills...drawing from a holster....( double taps, reloads, etc...)...for fun, if nothing else...

so I have holsters for my 1911's, my Sig's and all of my revolvers...

but its not as ridiculous as it sounds ...when one holster ( like a Kramer leather - which I prefer ) ... for a 1911....will fit any one of several 1911's I own in 4" or 5"...( I don't need 7 different holsters ) .....same on my K frame S&W revolvers...( I have about 7 K frame revolvers...in 2 1/2" and 4" barrels ) but I only need one good Kramer holster for a K frame...it will fit all of my guns.

I do have more than one holster for a model of gun ....like 1911's ...because I like to have a Scabbard style for training and an Inside Waist Band for carry..../ some guns, like my double stack Sig 226's I'll never carry because they're just too heavy compared to a 5" 1911 ...so I only have a scabbard style holster for my Sig 226's.

Holsters are not cheap ....but if you buy good ones / chances are you'll keep them a long time / and they'll maintain their value if you decide you want to sell the gun. That's partly why I buy Kramer horsehide leather, with a forward FBI tilt ...over the years, I've figured out it the best holster for my needs.

Tactical Jackalope
October 4, 2013, 12:34 PM
Oh wow...I do. -___- time to sell some. Stay tuned in TFL gunshow "gear and accessories" section.

dajowi
October 4, 2013, 02:58 PM
I have holsters for all my pistols with the except of my .44 which I don't carry.

TailGator
October 4, 2013, 03:18 PM
Just carry guns. I don't spend the money on holsters for pistols that are only for the range, or even for the ones that are for home defense only without being carried.

dgludwig
October 4, 2013, 03:52 PM
Short answer, yes. Long answer, some carry guns I have multiple holsters for from trying new ones over the years.
Every sidearm has a holster.

Same here-even for guns relegated for mostly "range" use.

TomInLa
October 4, 2013, 04:22 PM
I have 3 different holsters for my main carry gun. About a half dozen others that I have bought, some of which fit more than one gun, and 3 or 4 that came with the guns as part of a kit, like my XDm 45. But no way do I have one for every gun, and I'm cool with that.

TJMehaf
October 4, 2013, 05:36 PM
I have multiple holsters for my cary guns. Mostly due to trying to figure out
what works (iwb/owb).
My larger range guns I just keep in cases.

9ballbilly
October 4, 2013, 05:53 PM
Working on it. I wanted the same holster for all three of my revolvers, finally settled on a design that works for all of them and is versatile enough for me.

rodfac
October 4, 2013, 05:54 PM
Yep, and most all of them are of the open top, Tom Threepersons type. I make them myself, and tight enough that no strap or thong is necessary but with a smooth draw for CCW when desired.

That said, I do treasure those few short barreled pieces that will fit in the rear pocket of my jeans for short strolls around the farm.

Good leather is very hard to beat, but I have found that Kydex makes for a very smooth and secure barn for your carry piece. I have also noticed that it wears the blued finish on my 1911's about 4x faster than leather. In Kydex, I particularly like Blade Teck's models which do not have a 2ndary retainer...but then I'm a civilian and do not have to comply with LEO departmental policies.

HTH's Rod

Bozz10mm
October 4, 2013, 06:44 PM
I have the open carry/field carry type holsters for most of my pistols. Except for my BlackHawk 45 Colt, it's a shoulder holster, and I have an IWB for the XDm.

Arizona Fusilier
October 6, 2013, 05:25 PM
Simple answer, yes. Although my "pocket" pistols only have "pocket" holsters, for the most part. The exception is the Kel-tec .32; I just keep that sucker in the little soft case and put it in my cargo pocket.

The guns that have, at one time or another, served as my primary EDC usually have a serious quality leather holster of the Galco or Bianchi flavor, and a quick-to-don paddle holster like a Fobus or Blackhawk, since they tend to ride in the truck console anyway.

FireForged
October 6, 2013, 07:54 PM
People make all kinds of excuses but bottom line is that if you have a firearm, you need a holster.. that's just my opinion. Yep, I have a holster for every one that I own.

JohnKSa
October 6, 2013, 09:08 PM
I have holsters for the guns I carry or might reasonably be expected to carry. Other than that, the only reasons I would have a holster for a pistol would be if the gun came with one or if I happened across a deal so good I couldn't pass on it.

GLI45
October 6, 2013, 09:46 PM
I have holsters for all my 1911s and 2011s. In several cases more than one as I've tried different styles. The only guns that don't have holsters are my Ruger Mark III and my two Ruger revolvers, a Super Blackhawk and a Redhawk (both scoped).

BIG P
October 6, 2013, 09:59 PM
Yes because I carry them all for something CW,Hunting.Fun.;)

foxytwo
October 7, 2013, 05:33 AM
I make my own holsters so I have holsters for all my pistols.

iblong
October 7, 2013, 12:02 PM
I have more holsters than I do guns.

Turismo9999
October 7, 2013, 05:59 PM
One at least for each. Several for carry guns.

KyJim
October 7, 2013, 07:25 PM
I have purchased holsters only for those handguns I carry or thought I would carry. Some of those fit guns that I'm not going to actually carry; e.g., a SW K-frame holster that will fit K-frames I have but don't plan on carrying. In fact I have a cheapie shoulder rig that has two different sized, nylon and velcro pouch type holsters that fit all my handguns except one. I never wear it. I keep it as a reminder of sometimes "you get what your pay for."

SC4006
October 7, 2013, 07:30 PM
No I don't have a holster for all of my guns, its really tough finding one for my mosin nagant :D.

I only have one pistol right now, which I have a holster for. When I acquire more pistols in the future I plan on having a holster for each.

Colt46
October 7, 2013, 07:43 PM
I rarely get a chance to carry where I live. When I do it's with a 6" 686 Smith.

Old Stony
October 7, 2013, 08:01 PM
I normally have a couple boxes of holsters, and can find something to fit everything I own ( quite a few).

45Gunner
October 7, 2013, 08:14 PM
With nearly 60 different handguns, I have a holster for each gun. The exception being that my 1911's pretty much fit the same holster for the same barrel length.

Like most everyone else, I have a draw full of holsters that fall into the category of "what the heck was I thinking."

TennJed
October 8, 2013, 12:29 AM
People make all kinds of excuses but bottom line is that if you have a firearm, you need a holster.. that's just my opinion. Yep, I have a holster for every one that I own.

Curious as to why you say people make excuses. What is your reason for saying you need one for everyone gun. Why would I need one for, say a full lug 6" 22lr revolver? Nothing but a range toy

FairWarning
October 10, 2013, 07:39 PM
Yes and several spares. Concealed and open holsters for my faves.

Coyote Blue
October 10, 2013, 09:14 PM
Yes,except for a recently acquired CZ 82 9X18 Makarov. I'm searching for one at this time.

Cheapshooter
October 10, 2013, 09:18 PM
Only for guns I use for CCW, hunting, or C&R milsurps that included a holster.
No need to have a holster for range toys.

FireForged
October 11, 2013, 09:37 PM
Curious as to why you say people make excuses. What is your reason for saying you need one for everyone gun. Why would I need one for, say a full lug 6" 22lr revolver? Nothing but a range toy

Holsters are as much for safety as they are for carrying. If you carry your 6" 22 revolver in a pistol case, that's a holster by proxy ( just cheaper). If you carry your revolver around without a pistol case or a holster, I guess we will just have to disagree on what is acceptable.

JerryM
October 11, 2013, 11:09 PM
Yes.
I don't have any "range guns." I shoot the ones I carry at the range also.
Jerry

TennJed
October 12, 2013, 02:54 PM
Holsters are as much for safety as they are for carrying. If you carry your 6" 22 revolver in a pistol case, that's a holster by proxy ( just cheaper). If you carry your revolver around without a pistol case or a holster, I guess we will just have to disagree on what is acceptable.

I carry them in a aluminum foam case that opens on both sides. I can carry 8 full size pistols to the range in it. It is not a holster but plenty safe

armsmaster270
October 13, 2013, 01:59 AM
A big box of them.