PDA

View Full Version : CZ Trigger Reach

Jaywalker
September 27, 2013, 05:05 PM
I've liked CZ for awhile, but I prefer Double Action or striker-fired for carry. I handled a friends CZ-75B and found the trigger reach was too long for my fingers, even on half-cock. I'm familiar with cajungunworks' effort with shortened triggers, but I'd like to know what the stock pistols measure.

I understand some of the newer models have shortened trigger reach. Does someone have access to them for measurement?

Jaywalker
September 28, 2013, 09:18 AM
No one has a CZ P-01 or a RAMI and a measuring tape?

Brutus
September 28, 2013, 09:55 AM
My PCR measures 3.031 from trigger to back strap

Jaywalker
September 28, 2013, 01:35 PM
Thanks, Brutus. That sounds like hammer down - can you tell me what it is at half-cock, please?

Brutus
September 28, 2013, 01:55 PM
PCR at decock 2.775
Out of curiosity I checked my 85 Combat
At rest 3.047.
At half cock 2.790.
At full cock 2.492
Bottom line carry a full size with the safety on and you get the shortest pull.
.020" isn't much difference.

Jaywalker
September 28, 2013, 04:58 PM
Brutus, thanks for the measures.

Just for clarification, what is the 0.020" difference you're referring to? I'm seeing a very significant 0.257" difference between "at rest" and "half cock."

I wear broad hands with short fingers, and just under 2.8" may well work for me. I appreciate it.

Venom1956
September 28, 2013, 05:07 PM
its a different gun. his 85 combat not a PCR. that's where the .02 difference is from.

I have short fingers as well the DA on my CZ85 isn't an issue.

g.willikers
September 28, 2013, 05:28 PM
Someone or other makes a straight up and down trigger, rather than a curved one.
It shortens the trigger reach quite a bit.
Can't remember who, though.
Maybe a web search will reveal who.

rburch
September 30, 2013, 04:11 PM
I installed the CZ Custom thin aluminum grips on my PCR.

It made a huge difference, and fixed my trigger reach issues.

The specs from CZ custom says the gun with the stock rubber grips is 1.44" wide.

The aluminum grips slim it down to 1.13"

It's a lot easier to swap grips than try to shorten the triggers, and at least in my case it did the trick.

seeker073180
September 30, 2013, 09:42 PM
I put VZ grips on my SP-01 Shadow and PCR and they also notably thinned out the grip. I don't have calipers on me. Feels like I different gun, still shoots great!

railroader
September 30, 2013, 11:26 PM
Someone or other makes a straight up and down trigger, rather than a curved one.
It shortens the trigger reach quite a bit.
Can't remember who, though.
Maybe a web search will reveal who.

The straight up and down triggers are for single action only. Here's a couple of my CZs with them. You can buy them from CZ Custom.

http://i56.tinypic.com/2hs9bow.jpg

zeke
October 2, 2013, 09:11 PM
"I installed the CZ Custom thin aluminum grips on my PCR.

It made a huge difference,"

Ditto. In addition, CZ now has a shorter reach curved trigger on some of it's newer models. Bought one, but have not installed or had someone install it yet.

Short measured changes in trigger reach can make significant changes in "feel", and the long trigger reach is the major adjustment I have with the cz's.

Jaywalker
October 4, 2013, 09:35 AM
zeke: In addition, CZ now has a shorter reach curved trigger on some of it's newer models. Bought one, but have not installed or had someone install it yet.
zeke, does that trigger use different leverage points or is it just thinner than the regular trigger?

zeke
October 4, 2013, 09:34 PM
Fondled one at a gunshow last year. The newer trigger style has a deeper rearward curve, and is thinner. Similar to the tangfielio trigger (spelling). You can look/order them at the cz custom website, unless they changed it.

The thinner grips really do make a noticeable difference also.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/index.php/cPath/21_82/CZ+USA/

Look at the different triggers on the 75b's and the newer style on the omega or po1. Link shamelessly copied from another post about availability of cz's.

chris in va
October 6, 2013, 08:22 PM
CGW offers a short reach DA trigger. It's really not that terrible disassembling a CZ if you have decent mechanical skills.

saltydog452
October 7, 2013, 03:30 PM
Image#2 shows a CZ 75 Compact.

I 'thought' the 75 C was a DA/SA. Yet, if I understand it right, you have a Single Action only 'straight' trigger in the normally DA/SA 75 C.

If so, would the straight SA only trigger be a daily carry in the DA/SA Compact?

Not trying to be pickey, just trying to understand in hopes to find a shorter reach for the 75 C DA/SA.

CZ makes a herd of products. Interchangability options are confusing.

Thanks,

salty