PDA

View Full Version : Lanyard Loop mainspring housing

Rob228
September 10, 2013, 09:54 PM
I am currently shopping for a mainspring housing with a lanyard loop for my Springfield Operator. I am leaning toward an Ed Brown at the moment, but am not sold on the chainlink pattern (that is the only pattern they use on their lanyard loop MSH). Does anyone have any experience with the chainlink and like/dislike it? Or does anyone have any experience with other MSH's with a lanyard loop that they like?

Thanks everyone.

BarryLee
September 11, 2013, 12:11 AM
Have you checked Brownells they have some options from other manufacturers.

http://www.brownells.com/handgun-parts/frame-parts/mainspring-parts/mainspring-housings/index.htm?f_a=1

pilpens
September 11, 2013, 08:45 AM
My STI Trojan 9mm has chainlink on the front strap; it was sharp when new but feels OK now. Do not know how chainlink would feel on the back strap.

I think I like checkering more than chainlink pattern.

1911Tuner
September 11, 2013, 01:00 PM
Smith & Alexander. Arched or flat. Smooth or checkered for the flat ones.

royal barnes
September 11, 2013, 01:35 PM
Are you looking for a mainspring housing with a lanyard loop for looks or for use? If it's for looks you may find it very painful when you firmly insert a mag.

Aguila Blanca
September 11, 2013, 04:56 PM
Brownells offers one with no pattern on the MSH, as the original M1911s were made. I rather like that.

Rob228
September 11, 2013, 07:35 PM
This is definitely for use, not looks. I've never had a problem in the past seating a magazine with a lanyard loop. I did see the Smith and Alexander but the checkering looked a little flat in the stock pictures from Brownells.

1911Tuner
September 11, 2013, 09:31 PM
I've never had a problem in the past seating a magazine with a lanyard loop.

Me either.

I did see the Smith and Alexander but the checkering looked a little flat in the stock pictures from Brownells.

I have several checkered w/loop. The checkering is clean and sharp on all.

My only complaint is that they're a bit too sharp at the bottom, and required light blending and bluing touch-up. Tastes vary, so you may like it as is.