PDA

View Full Version : Range time with new gun

vorgath
September 2, 2013, 01:07 PM
So I finally went to the range with my Para 1911 LTC, 45.

And I absolutely LOVE it !!! It shoots real good, it's not too light, not too short, since it has the 4.25 inch barrel. I'm really happy I didn't end up with a Officer sized 1911 instead.

Did I get a good deal on the gun ? Depends on how one looks at it, 549 dollars, there's some new guns that cost the same brand new, however I like this one. It has a nice solid 1911 feel to it, and most important ... it fits my hands !!!!

My fiancee was a bit intimidated by the size of the gun, bit strange considering she has longer fingers than me. I discovered her intimidation went so far that her grip was way off.

Also didn't help that people at the gun range were trying to be lil show offs ... i.e. firing shot guns and AR15's at 10 feet away hahahaha OMG that made me laugh.

I think next time I go there I'll rent a shot gun and unload five rounds at twice the range twice as fast ... since I'm more used to shot guns anyway.

I did also try a S&W 686, but didn't fire the 357 but instead went for 38 Special rounds. That's another story right there, I'll keep that on the revolver side of this forum.

Now I have to get my fiancee less intimidated by my gun, lol, so I can keep it on the night stand with mag in and cocked, right now I have to keep it slide open and mag laying off to the side, definitely not my preference.

Erikbal
September 2, 2013, 02:35 PM
Congrats, glad you like it! There's no better feeling than shooting a gun the first time and loving it.

vorgath
September 3, 2013, 12:55 AM
Thanks :-) I saw the gun at Cabelas and went ooohhh that's the gun !! I want it .. like .. yesterday .. !! lol

So my question would be, laser sights, best idea looks like a drill/tap rail, which means take it to a gun smith since I don't have all the tools I had years ago (divorce cost me all tools, engine lift, stand etc etc)

Cheap rail ? That fits lasers TIGHT ? And any suggestions as far as a cheap laser goes ?

Like mentioned before, I don't need it, but I feel it would help my fiancee a lot.

Venom1956
September 3, 2013, 01:12 AM
Best suggestion as far as cheap lasers? Don't get cheap lasers...

spend a bit more you'll save on the long run. I prefer my lasers to be green show up much clearer to the eye.

personally is get a nice ser of night sights over a laser anyway. If u don't have time to aim ur not gonna have time to turn on and chase a laser.

vorgath
September 3, 2013, 02:24 AM
Well like I said, i don't need a laser myself, I'm good with my gun and a flash light in my other hand way off set so the bad guy aims for the light 3 feet away from my head

But my fiancee .. yup ... wants a laser sight

How much would it cost me ? i know the bore laser sights are 300 .. I'm trying to look into a rail for 30-50 .. then gun smith.. then laser sight for 100-150

Venom1956
September 5, 2013, 07:40 PM
crimson trace would be your best bet.

You dont have to worry about activation or attaching a rail. I think they come in green now too.

http://www.crimsontrace.com/products/type/green-lasers

Forrest68
September 5, 2013, 09:06 PM
I would recomend the laser that attaches to the rail, the one that "conforms" to the trigger guard comes on from finger pressure, so its always on(no off switch) when your gripping the pistol. Which is fine unless you practice alot, the battery life is only like 4 hours, I finally just took it off after burnen threw 4 batteries in just over a month. Just my 2 cents

ragwd
September 7, 2013, 10:57 AM
I dont use a laser often, but when I do. Its a green laser ! stay thirsty my friends. seriously buy the best you can afford and a green is easiest seen. Nice choice of a 1911, Love the triggers on them.