PDA

View Full Version : What's your opinion of the new Redfield scopes?

FoghornLeghorn
July 29, 2013, 07:46 PM
They're made by Leupold, correct? Same quality?

Battlezone, Revenge and Revolution. Any real world difference between them?

SSA
July 29, 2013, 08:50 PM
The Revenge is just another low-priced Asian scope. The Battlezone is just another low-priced Asian scope with a tacticool name.
The Revolution is made in the U. S. It is, reportedly, a reliable scope. When it came out a few years ago at $125 or so, it was a good deal. It is now over-priced compared to a number of other scopes on the market.

FoghornLeghorn
July 29, 2013, 10:43 PM
thanx

Fusion
July 29, 2013, 11:48 PM
I agree with the above post. I've had a few of them in both the Revolution and Revenge line and think they are overpriced for what you get. I know they get a lot of good feedback and they are certainly decent scopes. If I'd never looked through any of the others in it's price range I'd like it a lot more than I do, but it just doesn't compare to others in that price range. The Burris FFII's as well as Vortex's are 5x the scope for ones in the same price range.

chiefr
July 30, 2013, 07:11 PM
I have a Revolution 4-12. I am very impressed with it. IMHO the optics are just as good as Leupold Vari X.

SSA
July 30, 2013, 08:43 PM
the optics are just as good as Leupold Vari X

I agree. But, IMHO, the new VX-1 is a big improvement over the Vari-X II.

rebs
July 31, 2013, 06:59 AM
I personally like Nikon and Leupold scopes. I had one redfield and it is still sitting in a drawer somewhere. I quit using it when I bought the others.

mwmjones
August 14, 2013, 05:48 PM
Great now that they are owned by Leupold

jmr40
August 15, 2013, 07:24 AM
The Revolution is a good scope. It was designed to be in between the 2010 model VX-1 and VX-2 in performance. The problem is that in 2012 Leupold upgraded their entire scope lineup. A VX-1 made since then is actually an older VX-2 scope, but selling at VX-1 prices. Same with the VX-2's. If you buy a current VX-2 you are getting the old VX-3 glass and technology, but at VX-2 prices.

With that in mind I'd much rather pay the very slight difference in price for a current production VX-1 over the Redfield. Not that the Redfield is bad, just that you can get a much better scope for just a little more.

I wouldn't even consider any of the other Redfield versions.

mxsailor803
August 17, 2013, 03:27 AM
+1^ I've got the Revenge 3-9x52 and the only way I would change scopes is if I was getting a VX-3.