PDA

View Full Version : New CC Gun

hubris
July 6, 2013, 10:10 AM
I've narrowed my decision to three pistols...Shield 9 mm, Shield 40 cal, or XDs 45. Has anyone had experiences that would eliminate or discourage buying either of them?

Nathan
July 6, 2013, 02:50 PM
I could probably be happy with the Shield 40, but I would prefer the Kahr P40 or something like the S&W 640-1.

Your holster will make it right. I would look at good leather like Milt Sparks, etc. Also, get an OWB and IWB rig at minimum. You might decide you also want some other holster types too.

Old Stony
July 6, 2013, 03:50 PM
I've put in quite a few miles with a shield 9mm on my hip. It's accurate and dependable. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one if needed.

MaDMaXX
July 6, 2013, 05:18 PM
Take a look at this, there is also another video with more in-depth info.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPEWaKevY8o

arizona98tj
July 6, 2013, 08:33 PM
Of the three you have listed, I have no .40s in the safe, so that one is out automatically.

I shoot 9mm and .45ACP....so either would work. Of those two, I opted for the XDs45 (http://www.stu-offroad.com/firearms/xds/xds45-1.htm) since I own three XD pistols and couldn't be happier with them. I'm comfortable with the platform and they have a good customer support department, should the need arise.

ClydeFrog
July 6, 2013, 08:49 PM
All 3 semi-auto pistols seem apt for general concealed use.
Would you add any items to it like a white light or lasergrip?
How would you carry it? Pocket, strong side, crossdraw, shoulder?

I wouldn't rule out the powerful .357sig. That's my 1st pick for a duty or carry gun if possible. It feeds great, has a high KE level, is fast, and offers a good amount of rounds(like a .40S&W).

The S-A XDs .45acp has many + reviews & a lot of interest. The Shield is good if you like the manual safety control & compact size.

Clyde F

bikerbill
July 6, 2013, 10:48 PM
My EDC for years has been a Kahr PM9 ... but will probably retire it in favor of my new XDs ... I just love this gun, easy to shoot, accurate, light enough to pocket carry .... just wish it carried more rounds, but I carry a spare mag to make up for some of the capacity issues ...

IZinterrogator
July 9, 2013, 02:53 AM
Love my Shield 9mm, so can't help you eliminate it off the list. I can tell you it has fired everything I have put through it, from WWB to Winchester Ranger with no problems. More Shield-specific sight options are starting to arrive, so that's another plus.

Consort
July 9, 2013, 02:06 PM
My vote goes to the XDs 45 acp. Currently alternating between a Wright Leather Works owb holster and a Theiss hybrid iwb. To steal Hickok 45's catch phrase, life is g-o-o-d.

MaDMaXX
July 9, 2013, 07:04 PM
Yeah, the 9mm XDs isn't long out, but i've seen one available for $529

Chris9472
July 9, 2013, 09:18 PM
I would go with the S&W .40cal Shield. It may be easier to find ammo for in a crisis, and I don't like the grip safety on the XDS-45. Bad enough with that little thingy on the trigger and limp-wristing issues without having to "hold it just right" on top of that to make it work.