PDA

View Full Version : Sigma

TurkeySlayer
January 8, 2001, 08:03 PM
I have a Sigma .40V, and I just noticed that the firing pin seems to protrude and stay there after dry firing. It goes back to normal after re-cocking, but I have no other hammerless handgun to compare it to. Is this normal? I know Sigmas aren't liked by anyone, but this is my "woods" gun and just used for plinking, etc., so no flames please. I just wondered if this had a remedy????

Thanks

Tamara
January 8, 2001, 08:10 PM
Like so many other things about the Sigma, that feature is identical to the Glock's striker function. It is normal. You shouldn't worry about it. *&* should have worried about it, though, before they found themselves paying royalties to Herr Glock for every Sigma they sell... ;)

(Actually, I think Sigmas are okay handguns. The reason I'll never own one is I had to listen to *&* sales reps talk trash about Glock's striker firing system, polymer frame, lack of a manual safety, et al for years. Then the Sigma comes out, and I got to listen to *&* sales reps do a complete Orwellian one-eighty and preach that the self-same features they had previously lambasted were now the greatest thing since sprinkles on ice cream cones...)

TurkeySlayer
January 8, 2001, 08:16 PM
Thanks Tamara. I actually like it a lot myself. I qualified with a 98 for my CCW permit, so that's not too shabby i guess. I was just worried about the pin "sticking" and not returning to its retracted state.