PDA

View Full Version : Thompson Center Rifle Recall

Freakdaddy
June 15, 2013, 10:35 AM
It looks as if Thompson Center is recalling all their Icon, Venture and Dimension rifles made before June 13, 2013 due to an issue with the safety possibly not fully engaging. Here's the link:

http://tcarmsrecall.com/front/frontQuestionnaire.jsp

Here's another article I found on it:

http://www.guns.com/2013/06/14/major-recall-of-thompsoncenter-rifles/

Fire_Moose
June 16, 2013, 02:40 AM
That's ridiculous, I've barely shot 100 rounds thru my venture since it came back from the first one!

Props on em for fixing it again. Only bad part is with 2 recalls, it can't be making em any money.

Doubt we'll ever see aftermarket stocks or extended mags. :(

Palmetto-Pride
June 16, 2013, 09:08 PM
I already sent my ICON to them when I first got it for a magazine issue. Nope not going back again mine functions fine, I have hunted with it for two seasons now and haven't had a problem.

SCgman
June 18, 2013, 09:34 AM
Well, thats just swell. I wish I had a $ for everytime I bragged online about my Icons and now this. I had no idea of this potential problem they speak of. I've registered for the shipping labels but I am dang reluctant to strip off my optics and send off my rifles to the great north. Thanks in advance for the guilt complex.

Can anyone who's done this before reassure me to the point I'll go ahead and do it?

Liambobbi
June 18, 2013, 12:50 PM
Not sending Mine back hunted with it and no problems had it striped down all looks fine so stuff that

SCgman
July 4, 2013, 01:38 PM
It's been over 2 weeks and the shipping labels haven't arrived yet.

ruger357w
July 5, 2013, 10:25 AM
I sent mine out two weeks ago and I just got it back today.

Cowboy_mo
September 1, 2013, 09:40 PM
and I still haven't received the shipping label I requested.

I only gave in and called after receiving a letter from Bass Pro (where I purchased the rifle).

ballisti
February 4, 2016, 07:16 PM
Boyds has aftermarket stocks for the Venture, the one that needs one... Lots of different styles, too.

RIDE-RED 350r
December 12, 2016, 09:29 PM
Delete...