PDA

View Full Version : Sad day,,,, New Begining!

hooligan1
May 22, 2013, 04:56 PM
:) It's kind of a sad day for me, I had to sale two rifles that I know you guys got tired of hearing about all the time,:o my Weatherby Vanguard and my Savage 111 3006.
My wife and I are forced to move, and I had to come up with deposit for new place. So it was a "no-brainer" for me, and it's actually exciting to be moving. Same city just a stones throw from where I sit now, but a much cheaper and stressless endeavor.
Having said all that, I know exactly how my next rifles will be built, and I'm excited to get started, but it won't be for awhile.
I still have my Savage 110 .270 winny, to use for deer and really anything else and it shoots better than I can shoot...
Just had to get that off my chest..... :(:)

taylorce1
May 22, 2013, 05:23 PM
Hey, it happens from time to time no big deal. The important thing is you did it for the right reasons. Anyway with the money you save on the new place it won't be long until you can put together the new rifles you've been wanting anyway.

shaunpain
May 22, 2013, 05:29 PM
I've had a couple of guns stolen before, so, I guess, not as tragic. However, it's still euphoria whenever I buy a new gun and now you have the best excuse to make new acquisitions. Good luck and, most of all, have fun!!

williams480
May 22, 2013, 06:34 PM
Look at it like you just made room for something better :)

603Country
May 22, 2013, 10:00 PM
I had to sell a bunch of mine many years ago. It almost killed me at the time, but I kept my one go-to rifle in 270. Since then I've bought this and that, and now really have more rifles than I need - which puts a cramp into shopping for a new one. So...be happy you'll have plenty of things to shop for.

I've read that the 3 things most important to a happy life are: Someone to love; something to do; and something to look forward to. It would seem that you are now in that place.

g.willikers
May 22, 2013, 11:02 PM
Did you even try to pawn your wife, instead?

hooligan1
May 23, 2013, 05:42 AM
g she's too good to me to pawn........ but I thought that one over...:p

Once everything is settled, I have a new perspective on a couple rifles I want to build.

BIG P
May 23, 2013, 06:21 AM
Shoot Hooligan, I bet most of us ran in the ditch once or twice.Did'nt get tired of the Vangard either.So when you get time lets hear about the NEW builds.;):D