PDA

View Full Version : which M4-style stock for a 10/22?

idek
May 8, 2013, 10:21 PM
I'd like to get an adjustable M4-style stock for a Ruger 10/22. From what I've seen so far, there are versions made by:

- ATI
- Blackhawk
- Choate
- Tapco

*Please let me know if there are some I'm missing. I think Archangel makes one too, but I don't care for the looks of it much.

I don't really care about rails. I just want to know which might offer the best quality. I'd appreciate any input.

Plumbnut
May 8, 2013, 11:11 PM
I looked into that with my 10/22 but I really didn't like the looks of any of them....made it look cheap to me. I went with a bell & carlson anshultz but after a while I changed that to a Hogue overmold and thats what I stuck with.

What other mods have you done to it?

idek
May 8, 2013, 11:34 PM
What other mods have you done to it?
Currently, my gun has Tech Sights aperture sights on it, an extended magazine release and pull-back bolt release, and I recently installed a Volquartsen hammer and spring kit. The barrel is the standard factory variety.

I have a Hogue Overmolded stock on my other 10/22, and it's a well-made stock, but the grip ergonomics don't seem to suit me real well. I've had an ATI Dragunov stock on my 10/22, and, despite its low price and less than stellar fit and finish, I like the feel of it and it seems durable. My main reasons for replacing it are that it doesn't offer much surface for a check weld, and its curved, rigid butt end doesn't fit my shoulder well in some shooting positions.

The purpose for the gun is mostly plinking with some small game hunting. I also hope to use it in an upcoming Project Appleseed event.

Bamashooter
May 9, 2013, 02:25 AM
My 10/22 came from the factory with a Tapco T6 stock. The gun fits very well in the stock. Its very rugged and can handle some abuse. It has rails on top and bottom of the handguard area for scopes and grips. I use a grip pod on mine. I think the tapco is a good stock.

Alabama Shooter
May 9, 2013, 08:16 AM
I have an Archangel on my suppressed 10/22. It is definitely superior to the Tapco that I put on the kids rifles. Mine came with the mag release extension which then strangely did not fit properly. I hit with the dremel and now it works fine.

Comparing the two the archangel has a more ergonomic grip and better sighting options. With the tapco you still have to get a top rail or mount a sight forward. It also has a little compartment in the grip where I can keep the paperwork on the can so that I don't ever forget it.

blfuller
May 9, 2013, 12:05 PM
Probably the best one out there is the Troy. It has integral sights and all aluminum, next is probably the Nordic Components, the same one Ruger puts on theirs. Both spendy, but nice. I prefer the Troy version.

tahunua001
May 9, 2013, 01:10 PM
I'd take archangel over any of the specified makes. I have the archangel stock on my 10/22 without the retarded bayonet lug and it looks pretty believable other than the magazines and charging handle.

Alabama Shooter
May 9, 2013, 08:37 PM
Yep, throw the bayonet lug thingee away.