PDA

View Full Version : XDs 9mm

GRyder
April 29, 2013, 05:31 PM
I don't know if this was asked already but I'll ask again.

When will this sweet gun hit the market? Was considering a Shield but not anymore.

Would anyone prefer this over the XDs 45?

arizona98tj
April 29, 2013, 06:11 PM
Preference as to 9mm or .45ACP would be completely up to you, not anyone else. You'll be carrying it so you need to figure out which one you want, if either. ;) It will be out when it gets out. I gave up believing Shot Show release estimates long ago. :(

breakingcontact
April 29, 2013, 06:17 PM
Was considering a Shield but not anymore.

You mentioned it, so I'll ask, why not?

Wreck-n-Crew
April 29, 2013, 06:42 PM
I find the Xd .45 all day long here. Ammo is scarce.

XDS .45 nice choice!:)

RCPractitioner
April 30, 2013, 03:31 AM
Get the .45, it's like 9mm for grown ups. ;)

GRyder
April 30, 2013, 08:10 AM
Yea I think I'm going to go with the xds 45 and get the Bersa BP9cc for my 9mm fix. Heard great things about that little handgun.

if anyone have any good/bad about the Bersa, I'd like to know as there isn't much reviews on it. thanks again folks! will post pictures up soon :D

Swampman1
April 30, 2013, 10:16 AM
Get the .45, it's like 9mm for grown ups

Oh please. You imply the 9 is for kids. :rolleyes: For some people like me...it's about capacity. BTW... I have both. :)

breakingcontact
May 1, 2013, 09:50 AM
45 is a death ray don't you know, ugh.

Accuracy, follow up shots, capacity > caliber

Bersa 380s seem popular, don't know about their other models.

2tango2
May 1, 2013, 08:21 PM
You mentioned it, so I'll ask, why not?

Yes I'd like to know why not considering the Shield as well

deadduck357
May 2, 2013, 08:05 PM
Also wanting a XDs in 9mm, capacity is my reason,

XD9GUY
May 2, 2013, 08:34 PM
I wouldn't trade my XD9 for anything. Holds 16 rds and very accurate. I also have a Para Ordinance .45. Love them both. You really need to think about re-loading for 9mm and .45 ACP. you can reload a box of 50 for about $9.00.

Prometheus
May 3, 2013, 01:48 PM
Pocket / backup guns are all about compromises. Caliber choices were difficult in the post but with quality firearms like the XDS and Shield, you can have compact and proven handgun calibers.

I would whole heartedly recommend the XDS over the shield if it wasn't for the grip safety. Grip safeties on the larger xd and 1911 don't coven me but on a small pocket h gun they do.

You may not have a full firing grip when drawing from a pocket for example. Not depressing the safety means no bang. Bad news.

Both would serve you well and the shield is cheaper so there is that. As far as guns in that class, they are my top two recommendations.

As to caliber? 15+ years in medicine from the streets as an FF/EMT to the definitive care side on a level 1 trauma team have taught me that the debate between 9MM and 45 shouldn't exist. For everyday carry (citizen/LEO) it doesn't matter neither is a magic bullet.

What does matter IMO is capacity and that's why I wouldn't choose a 45 over a 9 for a mouse gun. 2 extra rounds will do a lot more than 2 extra MM per bullet.

I'm looking forward to the XDS in 9mm. Still not sure about my grip safety concern, the xds 45.grip safety is too easy to miss coming out of a pocket.

anothernewb
May 3, 2013, 03:06 PM
I heard 3rd quarter this year before the xds in 9 ships