PDA

View Full Version : Glock27 OEM Mag Release

zTimbo
March 25, 2013, 10:20 AM
Hi all,
I recently picked up a used glock27. It has the extended mag release installed and didn't come with the factory one. I figured this part would be cheap and easy to find. I saw one on midway but it was out of stock and would've end up costing me $13 after shipping.

I was actually thinking of getting the dremel out and shaving this extended release down.

Thoughts?

Idaho Spud
March 25, 2013, 10:26 AM
Make it work for you. Mag releases are easily replaced. The aftermarket ones stick out too far for me and are easily altered to fit.

zTimbo
March 25, 2013, 10:42 AM
Make it work for you. Mag releases are easily replaced. The aftermarket ones stick out too far for me and are easily altered to fit.

Agreed, when my gun is holstered and I sit down the added pressure depresses the mag release and the magazine will fall out.

zTimbo
March 26, 2013, 11:56 AM
Dremel tool = custom mag release

jglsprings
March 26, 2013, 12:57 PM
Well if you are set on the Dremel do a before and after to show us how it comes out.

If you google "glock parts" you will see that there a tons of vendors that do have the part you are looking for in stock. So if you mess it up you can replace it anyway.

Sounds like a custom release is what you wanted anyway. Go for it.

Uncle Malice
March 26, 2013, 06:18 PM
Geez, you don't need a dremel... you're only taking like an 1/8" off of soft plastic. Use fingernail file - the sandpaper style ones, not the nasty metal ones on toenail clippers. I like the extended release and just hit the edges with a nail file to take off the sharp corners. Works great. Although the Gen 4 momdel fixed that altogether.