PDA

View Full Version : CZ 75-B will fit what size hands?

chrisintexas
March 20, 2013, 01:24 PM
Will CZ 75-B fit medium size, small size hands? how will it fit large sized hands?
Thanks?

RickB
March 20, 2013, 01:31 PM
It should fit everyone, though I'd think smaller hands will have a better time with it. A lot of people consider the CZ75 to have the most comfortable grip of any double-stack pistol, perhaps slightly exceeding even the Browning Hi-Power (the benchmark) in comfort.
I have long fingers, and generally prefer the long oval shape of a single stack .45, to the more square contours of a double-stack 9, and maybe even prefer a large-frame double stack, as there's more room to get both hands on it.

Mr_Jumper
March 20, 2013, 01:38 PM
It'll fit well for most hands. I would imagine small hands might have a bit of trouble (grip it not thick, but not exactly thin either as it's double stack), but med-large hands shouldn't have any problems.

rburch
March 20, 2013, 02:04 PM
I had a bit of trouble with the double action reach on my CZ's, but the single action was fine.

Not an issue with my 75b since I carried it cocked and locked, but the PCR decocker did create some problems.

I installed the CZ Custom thin aluminum grips and it solved the problem along with really enhancing the look of my CZ.

My grips are similar to these:

THINBorderChecker (http://czcustom.com/CZ75SP01THINALGripsBorderCheckerCZCLOGOBLUE.aspx)

loose_holster_dan
March 20, 2013, 02:05 PM
any size.

i have very large hands, and it's the best feel of any gun i own.

only weak hands have a problem with it. my wife cannot rack the slide, because she can't get a good enough grip on it.

Walt Sherrill
March 20, 2013, 02:10 PM
The only real shortcoming of the CZ-75 (and 75B) design is that small hands, or hands with shorter fingers, can have problems coping with the LONG double-action trigger. It's never been a problem for me, but several of my friends have avoided the gun because of that trait.

This is a characteristic of the CZ DA/SA design and can only be improved with different parts -- mentioned below.

This is a bit less of a problem with the decocker models, as they decock to (and start from) the half-cock notch, so the trigger pull is shortened and lightened a bit in that mode. Some of the decocker models have a different-shape trigger (with more curve) that shortens the reach slightly. I think this the case with the PCR and the P-01.

Then, too, the DA/SA models with safeties can be 1) carried on the half-cock notch (safety off), just like the decocker models) or 2) they can also be carried cocked and locked, like a true SA only gun. As noted in an earlier message, thinner grips will also help.

CZ also makes several different variants of the SA only model, and some of the other CZs can be easily converted to SA Only.

If you've interested in a CZ, you definitely need to try the trigger before you buy, or understand that you can remedy this quirk of the design through starting from half-cock or installing aftermarket parts, including thinner grips. One of the members of the this forum, Schmeky at Cajun Gun Works (http://www.cajungunworks.com) has developed some aftermarket parts that make the trigger pull less long.

chrisintexas
March 20, 2013, 05:37 PM
I was going to try find a range to try it and the what happens, the only range that carried it, burned down just recently....by some customer who used tracer bullets.....

Walt Sherrill
March 20, 2013, 07:19 PM
There may be some members here who live near you. Post your general vicinity, here on the forum, and maybe you can hook up (via primate message on the forum) -- if only to dry fire a CZ.

mike444
March 20, 2013, 09:33 PM
I have small hands...one of the reasons I bought a CZ75 P-01.

Jaywalker
March 20, 2013, 09:43 PM
I wear a medium-large cadet golf glove, i.e., slightly shorter fingers. The CZ-75B suits my hand fine for width and height - very comfortable, and similar to my Browning Hi-Power. The single action trigger is fine, though a little gritty. The safety, which I've read referred to as a is a half-jelly-bean, is little hard to reach with my thumb, but usable. The double action trigger, even on half cock, is unusable for me. As I mention from time to time, I can make my fingers stronger, but I can't make them longer.

Stringfellow
March 20, 2013, 11:46 PM
I disagree in a big way: I have large palms and the tang digs into the web of my hand something fierce.

For perspective, it doesn't immediately draw blood like a GI 1911 does, but it is very uncomfortable if you have any intention of using a modern parallel thumb grip.

As soon as all of this mess clears up, I am hoping to trade mine in for an SP01. The SP01 and a few other models have an upswept beavertail tang, and it makes all the difference. It allows a much higher grip, i.e., along with parallel thumbs. I would say that the SP01 is the single most comfortable gun I have ever shot. I am just irritated that I can't buy one...

I am also irritated that I got a competition hammer with trigger job on my '75, and now I have the best trigger I have ever shot--before realizing that the pistol is simply no fun to shoot due to the tang.

In the meantime, I have bubba'd mine up with a bunch of black electrical tape on the tang so that it doesn't dig in. I still can't grip as high as I would like, and it is ugly as hell (note that mine is the Satin Nickel finish model). But it helps. I don't dare post a picture of it though ;)

JimmyR
March 20, 2013, 11:53 PM
I have fairly large hands with long skinny fingers. My CZ-75 fits my hands perfectly.

For some folks, if the grip feels too thin, I reccomend the factory rubber grips from CZ. Those things fatten the grip a little, making some hands fit better.

Me, I use a set of VZ G10 grips, and those stay on whether I am carrying or at the range. They're worth checking out, and worth the cash.

Walt Sherrill
March 21, 2013, 08:37 AM
Stringfellow: the Stainless models, and all of the SA models also have that extended beavertail. I think you'll probably see it on other, newer models, as well.

KyJim
March 21, 2013, 08:40 AM
I have smallish hands and have trouble with the long trigger reach. I can reach it but I have to pivot my hand so that the backstrap is no longer centered in my hand. I have fondled, but not shot, a single action CZ and the trigger reach was fine for me. A single action CZ may be the next handgun I buy.

Pilot
March 21, 2013, 09:58 AM
As others have said, all the manual safety versions of the CZ-75 series can be carried, and used cocked and locked as a single action only pistol. You don't need to just buy a SAO CZ-75 to get the feature of only shooting it in single action with a much shorter trigger reach.

chrisintexas
March 21, 2013, 05:09 PM
I am in North Richland hills, Texas. If there is any range in DFW area that carries CZ-75 b, kindly let me know

Walt Sherrill
March 21, 2013, 06:34 PM
You don't need to just buy a SAO CZ-75 to get the feature of only shooting it in single action with a much shorter trigger reach.

Good point, and if the first trigger pull is the primary reason for doing it, it doesn't make sense to go the SAO route.

But, if you like some of the other features of the SA models, such a much bigger, ambidextrous safeties, the extended beavertail, and the two-way adjustable trigger (adjustable for both take up and overtravel), the SA models do have their pluses.

The SA models did not originally all come with the two-way adjustable trigger; I think they do now. I've been tempted to add the SA safeties to my CZ-85 Combat (since it's ambi), but just haven't gotten a round tuit.

Sheriff Gotcha
March 22, 2013, 09:40 AM
My girlfriend with her small hands has trouble dropping the slide with the slide release using her shooting hand, but has no problem using her off hand or just slingshotting it.

If anyone has trouble racking the slide initially to chamber a round, she also half cocks the hammer and that makes it a ton easier to rack as opposed to trying to do it with an uncocked hammer.

Walt Sherrill
March 22, 2013, 10:25 AM
There's a bunch of messages here on the forum about women who have problems racking slides, so it's not limited to CZs.

Have her cock the hammer, keep her finger out of the trigger guard, and hold the slide (with her off hand pressed against her body, in front), while PUSHING the frame while holding the grip. It can be done so that the muzzle is safely pointed down range and toward the ground.

This gives better leverage and a stronger base against which to push.

Focusing on holding the slide and pushing frame, however she does it, with the hammer already cocked, will make it much easier.

Contrast Man
March 22, 2013, 04:16 PM
According to the glove manufacturors, I have a large hand, but I also have shorter fingers which leave about 1/4 inch in the fingertips. That said, I love my CZ-75B. It fits my hands well and while the da pull is a bit of a reach, I can manage it without having to adjust my grip.

Webleymkv
March 23, 2013, 01:06 AM
I have fairly large hands (I wear an XL medical glove and a size 9 sterile glove) and my CZ-75 fits me perfectly.