PDA

View Full Version : Model 26 with korean proof marks?

ssbo
March 19, 2013, 05:44 PM
I was walking through my local gun shop and saw a japanese Model 26 revolver with korean proof marks in addition to japanese ones :confused: I thought that it'd be cool as hell to gift to a co worker, but they were asking something like 650 bucks for it and I couldn't find anything about it. Anybody got any ideas?

RJay
March 19, 2013, 11:20 PM
Odd, not that a Japanese revolver is from Korea, after all Japan has been jumping back and forth into and out of Korea for the last several hundred years. Odd that it would have a Korean proof mark on a WWII Japanese handgun. I wonder if someone isn't confusing a arsenal/unit markings for proof marking . The Koreans would have no need to proof a Japanese firearm and in fact it would have been an insult to the Japanese for them to do so, after all the Japanese were occupying Korea [ and had been for 50 years ] until the end of WWII

tahunua001
March 19, 2013, 11:42 PM
agree with Rjay, could you show pictures?

James K
March 20, 2013, 08:54 PM
OK, I am curious. Anyone know what a Korean proof mark looks like? I can find no record of Korea (I presume South Korea) having a proof law, and have never seen mention of such.

Jim

RJay
March 20, 2013, 10:50 PM
I have four years on the ground there and if they have one, well it would be news to me:)

ohen cepel
April 2, 2013, 08:28 PM
I would love to see pics if possible. I don't recall ever seeing a Korean proof mark and don't know how or why one would be on a Type 26.