February 26, 2013, 11:14 PM
Gunners,

I have a Phoenix Arms .22 semi auto.

I love this little rascal.

Opinions please:

Can it handle CCI Stingers?

Or Velocitors?

How about CCI Mini mags?

Or is it relegated to the run of the mill .22LR?

Rmocarsky

Hansam
February 26, 2013, 11:39 PM
Simple: Try them all and see which one works best. If I remember correctly the higher velocity ammo worked best in the one I had till I sold it because I wanted a more accurate .22 pistol for range shooting.

qwiksdraw
February 27, 2013, 08:44 AM
Check your owner's manual or call Phoenix Arms. I read (somewhere!) that Phoenix Arms does not recommend Stingers, which is a bummer if you ask me. If those HP 22s slide locked after last round I would own one.

bonefamily
February 27, 2013, 02:31 PM
The wife has run alot of different types of .22lr in hers and it has yet to fail with any of them. She has shot alot of Remington Golden High Velocity lately (got four bulk boxes from Wally's), and it has been fine so far... I've been wanting to pick one up for myself.

osbornk
February 27, 2013, 08:07 PM
I find that Remington Golden Bullets work great in mine.

vba
February 28, 2013, 08:24 AM
I would just hunt down some Federal Bulk pack ammo from Walmart and have a go. I don't own a Phoenix but have had nothing but good luck with this ammo in my Ruger Mark II.

rmocarsky
March 1, 2013, 02:57 AM
OP here.

I went to their web site and downloaded owners manual.

It states ammo is not to exceed 1150.

That eliminates stingers and velocitors and even mini mags, although only be a couple hundred.

What is a good copper plated 40 grain that will not break 1150?

Rmocarsky

carguychris
March 1, 2013, 05:28 AM
That eliminates stingers and velocitors and even mini mags, although only be a couple hundred... What is a good copper plated 40 grain that will not break 1150?
Most high-velocity loads such as Mini-Mags or discount bulk pack- as opposed to hyper-velocity loads like Velocitors- will not exceed 1,150 fps when fired from a pistol-length barrel. The problem is that most ammo manufacturers do not publish velocity numbers for .22LR ammo using a pistol; they generally use a rifle because this results in a larger and more impressive figure.

I would call the manufacturer Phoenix and ask what type of ammo they recommend.

qwiksdraw
March 1, 2013, 08:08 AM
IF you can find CCI AR Tactical, they are rated at 1200 fps. A bit over 1150 fps, but shouldn't beat up the gun either.

group17
March 1, 2013, 10:50 AM
If you start using Mini-Mags or Velocitors you have the possibility of cracking the frame or slide. See the bryco-jennings-jimenezarms forum for posts.
Mine shoots the cheapest bulk you can find with no problem.