PDA

View Full Version : AK 47 HELP!

dhud838
February 22, 2013, 02:01 AM
My friend offered to sell me his custom Century Arms WASR 10 AK 47 for $750.The receiver shell and barrel are stock while the innards are all custom, custom stock, muzzle break, and magwell was professionally redone by a gunsmith.The slide is chrome and the trigger is the otlriginal tapco g2, but had work done by the gunsmith for a smoother pull It also has a magpul sling and optic mount and comes with a 30 round tapco clip and gun case. All work done on it was done by a gunsmith.He said that it has 1000 rounds through it.Im just wondering if this is a good deal or not.Here is a picture below of the rifle.

http://i.imgur.com/cMDmSj1.jpg (http://imgur.com/cMDmSj1)

docnyt
February 22, 2013, 03:25 AM
In today's market, any "assault" rifle under $1000 is a good deal. Below $800 is a great deal.

JD0x0
February 22, 2013, 03:51 AM
As long as the barrel hasn't overheated or been abused, I'd probably jump on that, in today's market.

spacecoast
February 22, 2013, 08:32 AM
Seems like a reasonable deal, especially in today's market. An adjustable stock was the best thing I ever did for my AK (followed closely by the Hogue grip like the one you pictured).

The mag release looks more complex than mine, maybe that's a California thing? Also, I'm surprised he didn't have the safety changed out or modified to provide a hold-back slot for the bolt handle as long as it was being worked on by a smith.

http://i891.photobucket.com/albums/ac115/spacecoast_guns/AK/DSC02458_zps14594487.jpg

Venom1956
February 22, 2013, 12:47 PM
I'd pass on it personally. most of the custom work is just cosmetic stuff. Tapco mags are cheap and plentiful. At the end of the day its still just a WASR with a bunch of plastic added to it for 750? :eek:

Skans
February 22, 2013, 03:11 PM
I'd pass. I can't see spending anything more than a few hundred dollars on an AK built around a 1mm receiver. Tapco parts are common us parts; the rest is just for show.

MagnumWill
February 22, 2013, 09:30 PM
$750 is a hard pill to swallow for a WASR, I'm not gonna lie. If it's worth it to you- I mean, you ARE AK-less right now- personally, I'll wait for tax time. You'll see some real soon on GB ;)

lee n. field
February 22, 2013, 09:32 PM
My friend offered to sell me his custom Century Arms WASR 10 AK 47 for $750.The receiver shell and barrel are stock while the innards are all custom, custom stock, muzzle break, and magwell was professionally redone by a gunsmith.The slide is chrome and the trigger is the otlriginal tapco g2, but had work done by the gunsmith for a smoother pull It also has a magpul sling and optic mount and comes with a 30 round tapco clip and gun case. All work done on it was done by a gunsmith.He said that it has 1000 rounds through it.Im just wondering if this is a good deal or not.Here is a picture below of the rifle.

How bad do you want an personal defense rifle?

At the end of the day its still just a WASR with a bunch of plastic added to it for 750?

I tend to agree.

Willie Sutton
February 22, 2013, 10:07 PM
Childish tacti-cool crap added to what is essentially a $400 rifle does not a good deal make...

Pass.

Willie

lee n. field
February 23, 2013, 06:13 PM
The mag release looks more complex than mine, maybe that's a California thing?

I saw that mag release yesteday on, I think, AIM Surplus' webiste. Appears to clamp to the existing one and turn it into something you can operate with (hopefully) a bit less fumbling.

Yung.gunr
February 24, 2013, 02:04 AM
Yeah, that mag release looks more like a "tactical" add on.

As far as buying it, I guess the cost is all relative to the current craziness of the market. If it were Oct 2012 I would say no way in heck.

If you are really thinking the future sale of rifles such as this will be outlawed I would say jump on it right away.

If you are confident that nothing will happen as far as AWB then pass on this one and buy a better quality one later.

Venom1956
February 24, 2013, 06:50 PM
It needs to be rivet on.

Personally I think my mag release is totally cooler... :rolleyes:

http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=513347 (Shameless Plug)