PDA

View Full Version : Ruger MK II scope mount ?

rebs
February 13, 2013, 11:06 AM
Could someone that has one post a picture of the top of the gun showing the scope mounted without a scope on it so I can see where it goes. There are 2 holes close together and then one hole, does the two holes or the single hole go towards the rear of the gun ?

kahrguy
February 13, 2013, 04:42 PM
What mount?? Wiegand mount is a good one and mounts in the rear sight dove tail. 2 set screws in the dove tail adaptor and two srews from the mount to the adaptor. No photos but wife had one on hers for a couple years. Now williams firesights. Go to bing photos of a ruger MKII with scope mount. Theres a few there.

rebs
February 13, 2013, 05:03 PM
The mount I am speaking of is the one directly from Ruger.

tmlynch
February 13, 2013, 10:12 PM
My MK II is not drilled, so I may not be much help. That said, my expectation would be that the number of holes in your receiver and your scope base would match.

Are you saying your base has the three holes, but your receiver has a different number? My guess is that .22 recoil is not harsh enough to make a difference in rail orientation, as long as nothing blocks the ejection port.

Good luck!
Tom

rebs
February 14, 2013, 07:18 AM
I bought the mount from Ruger and my MK II is not drilled and tapped. The mount has 3 holes, two that are close together and one near the opposite end of the mount. Does the 2 holes go toward the muzzle or the rear of the gun ?

cecILL
February 14, 2013, 08:06 AM
The two holes go forward.

Pilot
February 14, 2013, 08:32 AM
I would just get it D&T'd by Ruger or someone like Volquartsen or Clark.