PDA

View Full Version : Birchwood Casey Bore Scrubber a C&R Collectors BEST Friend

deerslayer303
January 30, 2013, 08:24 PM
Hey Guys,
Just wanted to highly recommend Birchwood Casey's Bore Scrubber "GEL". This stuff is nothing but a can full of AWESOME. I've used it on MN's, and today on this NASTY No. 5's bore. The gunk in that poor guns barrel was horrible, at first I though the rifling was gone, but the lands were SLAM FULL of gunk. I took a rod with a loose fitting patch (.243 slot with .30 cal patch) and ran it from the breech and all the way out the muzzle. Then I shot the gel down the muzzle then took the patch and dragged the gel back through the barrel. I did this a few times to make sure the bore was coated with the gel. Wait 20 minutes. Then take a TIGHT fitting bore brush and run the bore 10 times or so. I then wash it out with brake cleaner. Run a few tight clean patches and BAM a MIRROR BRIGHT BORE. It does NASTY Nagant bores this good too. YOU GUYS HAVE GOT TO TRY IT!!! WARNING: DO NOT BREATH THE VAPORS IT WILL ABSOLUTELY TAKE YOUR BREATH AWAY!! This stuff cuts copper fouling like a hot knife through butter. The deerslayer303 product testing department gives it TWO THUMBS WAY UP!!!!!! :D

deerslayer303
January 30, 2013, 09:04 PM
I should have said the lands were full of gunk at the breech and the first maybe 3 or so inches of the barrel.

TheDoubleDeuce
January 30, 2013, 09:46 PM
You mean the grooves were full of gunk, not the lands, right? =) Good info, thanks!

deerslayer303
January 30, 2013, 09:51 PM
LOL yeah the grooves! I need to slow down on this here keyboard a tad or maybe proof read my posts! I've found this stuff at sportsmans warehouse. But since I've moved to TN I don't have a local source for it.