PDA

View Full Version : Sig Sauer Mosquito NEW LOOK

chasenappier
January 29, 2013, 12:46 PM
Despite forum hate for the Sig Mosquito, I picked one up for my wife. I was shopping the Walther P22 vs the Mosquito at my local Gun and Knife Show. After handling both, the Mosquito was a clear winner on style and feel. I paid $351 including taxes for the pink Mosquito.

I picked up a brick of CCI mini-mag as recommended. (375 count, $45! Way too high by my standards, but seems to be status quo nowadays)

Went home and broke her in (did not clean gun before breaking in) with the recommended 200 rounds. I experienced 5 failures to load with the first 40-50 rounds. She fired off the remaining 150-160 rounds without failure.

Cannot speculate on true accuracy, seemed accurate but I didn't test from rest and we had several people shooting.

Overall we're extremely pleased with the Mosquito. My wife shoots her without flinching and with much joy. I will followup with information from the next session. It's cleaned, buffed and re-greased so we're excited to see if it continues to be a reliable sidearm.

Southern Rebel
January 29, 2013, 01:11 PM
I have found the Federal Match in the 375 volume box shoot as dependably in my Mosquito as the mini-mags. They are (were) quite a bit cheaper. The Federal 500 value box, not so much .............:(

t45
January 29, 2013, 02:26 PM
Mine has been reliable from day on as long as you keep it cleaned and feed it what it likes. Mine like the CCI Mini Mags.

bchaney158
January 29, 2013, 02:39 PM
Purchased 1 28 2013. http://thefiringline.com/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif Yesterday shot 50 shots indoors ( right out of the box ) at the Gun Store. Today shot 100 rounds of CCI Mini Mag ( which I paid $27.99 for 375 ). ( and there is a $10 rebate out there for 4 box minimum ).

No problems or hint of problems. smooth and reliable! Accuracy of this 22 rimfire 3.9" barrel semi auto is better than I am.. Shot 50' yesterday ( with 5 inch spacing - hard for my old eyes to see the sights inside ) and 25 yards today in the slight drizzle and wind......... also about 5 to 6 inches and one series within 3 inches. Again, the gun shoots better than that..

Regrets-none. Suggestions - yes: Sig put two magazines in a new case and make the outer slide a bit more color retentive.. ( not sure If it came this way but there is a very slight scratch on the rear of the slide. ).

PotteryPal
January 29, 2013, 07:55 PM
I bought a Mosquito a couple weeks ago for my wife and can't shoot it because these is no %#@%ing 22LR anywhere in Houston!

I would really like to find CCI Mini Mags but that seems like a pipe dream!

Where are you guys getting your bulk packs? Online, LGS?

Peace!

chasenappier
January 30, 2013, 07:18 PM
I'm finding guys price gouging for .22LR on armslist.com and craigslist.

There is a guy locally selling Winchester Hollow 1280 velocity for .09 per round. It's aggravating, if legislation settles down before SHTF then prices and availability will be much better soon I believe.

Here's to hoping!

BrokenBottles
January 30, 2013, 08:42 PM
My friend is a cheapskate and used the Winchester bulk stuff that in a red and black box of like 333 and did this at 10 yards with his Mosquito
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/599520_410109859024785_947304236_n.jpg

And this at 15 with it...
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/558840_455445127824591_339188118_n.jpg

Since seeing that and him ringing steel targets at over 75 yards about 9/10 I don't doubt the accuracy of the Mosquito after it's broken in.

bedbugbilly
January 30, 2013, 09:38 PM
Congrats on your new purchase for your wife - sounds like it is working out for you. Glad to hear someone enjoys theirs!

I'm even more impressed that you were able to even buy any 22 ammo! I'm south of Tucson for the winter and it seems like all of it has dried up out here. Once in a while Sportsman's World gets some CCI in and there is always a line waiting for it - the last I was finally able to get there were 2 100 round boxes of MiniMags - all customers were being limited to to boxes. Firearms are sell so well that they are no longer doing "lay aways". I did pick up a new Sig 1911-22 that was on a special - I laughed as there was a 20% rebate on CCI coupon in the box - can't get the rebate if you can't find it!

Enjoy the Mosquito!