PDA

View Full Version : MP5K?

sks
December 28, 2000, 07:14 PM
Does anyone know if civilians can (legally) own the H&K MP5K that has been modified to only shoot semi auto and not 3 round bursts?

Thanks,

sks

Shin-Tao
December 28, 2000, 10:55 PM
Nope. The foregrip makes it too evil for peasants to own.

sks
December 28, 2000, 11:18 PM
I was afraid of that. My friend has one with 7 full capacity mags (30 rounds I think) that he will let me have for $ 2,000.

Robert the41MagFan
December 28, 2000, 11:56 PM
Depending on what state you reside in, there are ways to make the gun legal. The gun can be registered as a short barrel rifle and you can do what you want with it. Put on the evil front pistol grip and folding rear stock. Even make it fully automatic again, providing that you can find a legally registered sear. All this gets really techno though, in order to put on these parts, the gun had to have been built before 1994. And a gun like I am describing can cost between eight and ten thousand dollars. The civilian model, the SP89 (it is technically a pistol, no rear stock and front grip. Semi automatic) cost around three thousand.

Robert

sks
December 29, 2000, 10:04 AM
Robert, my home state is Louisiana and I'll have to check on what the possibilities are there. The weapon in question was made before 1994 (I'm 90% sure) and has the front pistol grip as well as the detachable folding stock.

However, it is currently with me here in San Salvador, El Salvador where the laws on such things are much less lenient than the US. I would have to find an FFL that could import it for me if the gun is legal. Don't want to mess around with the illegal stuff.

Any ideas on how or where I could check on the regulatioins you mentioned as regards to my home state?

The reason for the price is because the guy (seller) is a long time friend who owns a security company and uses beaucoup of these things.

Thanks,

sks

pawcatch
December 29, 2000, 04:26 PM
sks,don't want to get off the subject but I go on other forums debating gun control.I understand that el salvador has a homicide rate about four times that of the u.s. despite strict gun laws.Can you email me at [email protected] and give me a list of gun laws there?I want to prove to some antis that gun control doesn't work.

Robert the41MagFan
December 29, 2000, 10:10 PM
Didn't know you were out of the country. There is absolutely no way you can get such a rifle into the US. Although there is no law against the possession of these guns, current gun law prohibit the importation.

sks
December 30, 2000, 10:19 AM
Robert, well I guess that is that. :)

Let me ask you another question? Are any MP5s legal to import? Seems like I've seen a couple at gun shows.

Thanks,

Robert the41MagFan
December 30, 2000, 03:19 PM
I was helping my dealer friend yesterday do his annual inventory and we had this conversation. He is also the largest Class III dealer in the northwest and is also listed as a Class III builder. The 1994 Assault Weapons ban makes it impossible to import any MP5's. The USC from HK is about as dark and nasty as its gonna get. The ones you are seeing at gun shows are preban guns and prices range from $1500 for a monkey wenched 91 to $10000 for a excellent condition MP5, full automatic (I know, we got one those for sale).

sks
December 30, 2000, 06:40 PM
Robert, I had often wondered about the ones at gun shows. They just felt really "cheap" and the ones that I've handled here are really "nice and tight". Oh well, it was fun to think about. :D

Thanks for the info.

sks